Current time: 28/03/2024, 14:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Perhaps it is one of those things that is neither legal nor illegal.

But would Merseytravel press charges? Seeing as operators and passengers pay Merseytravel to provide timetable information, and Stagecoach is obliged to provide the service (facilitated by Merseytravel) then surely Stagecoach is both legally sound, as well as commendable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/09/2016 10:12)Enviro400 Wrote:  Flyposting is advertising something in an unauthorised place. I wouldn't class posting a bus timetable in a bus stop unauthorised advertising. Fair enough if they outlined fare prices, but a simple timetable would not be flyposting. Even if it were, it would be justified.

It's classed as advertising as you are still advertising a service that a 'customer/passenger' would have to pay for, regardless if or not ticket prices were advertised on the actual timetable.
Advertising is deemed as the persuasion and promotion of a product/service. Technically timetables fall into the line of promotion as they are used to promote a commercial bus service (which makes the company owner profit) and therefore flyposting timetables is illegal without direct permission of the local authority/property owner.
(08/09/2016 11:30)Enviro400 Wrote:  Perhaps it is one of those things that is neither legal nor illegal.

But would Merseytravel press charges? Seeing as operators and passengers pay Merseytravel to provide timetable information, and Stagecoach is obliged to provide the service (facilitated by Merseytravel) then surely Stagecoach is both legally sound, as well as commendable?

It's 100% illegal. For example, if I opened a local cafe and stuck my opening times on the bus stop, I would probably find a lawsuit on my way, similar to how Merseytravel actually sued Morrisons for similarities with their logo, which has now turned to green and yellow as apposed to the planned and shortlived grey and yellow version.
Time keeping on the Wirral routes has been a bit questionable since the new timetables started. Today, service 2 appeared at Sir Thomas St at around 17:00 (presumably the 16:45), and no sign of the 17:09 X8 up to when I gave up. Eventually caught the 17:25 service 2 which left 5 late from Liverpool, but on time by Little Sutton

I'm not aware of any major roadworks so was wondering if there was any particular reason for the late running?
(08/09/2016 19:26)Turbostar Wrote:  Time keeping on the Wirral routes has been a bit questionable since the new timetables started. Today, service 2 appeared at Sir Thomas St at around 17:00 (presumably the 16:45), and no sign of the 17:09 X8 up to when I gave up. Eventually caught the 17:25 service 2 which left 5 late from Liverpool, but on time by Little Sutton

I'm not aware of any major roadworks so was wondering if there was any particular reason for the late running?

I've noticed Stagecoach route 2 bit late running on both directions, when I look the time bus passed at Holm Oak Way and Hope Farm Road the time weren't right, I think that not settle down just start last Monday, should be settle by next couple of days hope so. Today I was driving on A41 heading to Chester pass Backford, another side of the road heading to route2 Ellesmere Port, noticed bit high speeding trying to catch up the right time.
(08/09/2016 20:35)326VFM Wrote:  I've noticed Stagecoach route 2 bit late running on both directions, when I look the time bus passed at Holm Oak Way and Hope Farm Road the time weren't right, I think that not settle down just start last Monday, should be settle by next couple of days hope so. Today I was driving on A41 heading to Chester pass Backford, another side of the road heading to route2 Ellesmere Port, noticed bit high speeding trying to catch up the right time.

Yep - I agree the timings on the 2 will settle down after a while. It was more the X8 I was concerned with as the 17:09 departure from Liverpool has been over 20 minutes late on two days this week.
27272 is one of the 2 buses prepared for services N1 however im not sure off hand what the other one is
(09/09/2016 22:56)E208 WBG Wrote:  27272 is one of the 2 buses prepared for services N1 however im not sure off hand what the other one is

In what way do they need to be prepared? (Other than programming of destinations, which it would seem pointless to limit to two buses.)

My daft side is now imagining someone walking up to it and saying "Sorry 27272, you're going to have to work nights..." Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/09/2016 09:53)Quackdave Wrote:  In what way do they need to be prepared? (Other than programming of destinations, which it would seem pointless to limit to two buses.)

My daft side is now imagining someone walking up to it and saying "Sorry 27272, you're going to have to work nights..." Smile

27272 and one other where sent out just for the night bus thats what i mean
(10/09/2016 10:51)E208 WBG Wrote:  27272 and one other where sent out just for the night bus thats what i mean

I know there's a specific thread for the night buses, but how busy were they? I suspect that, when the word gets out, they will be popular between Liverpool and Bebington and carry fresh air for the rest of the route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)