Current time: 29/03/2024, 05:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(07/09/2016 09:15)Penny Return Wrote:  The route changes on the 2 are a disgrace by those clowns who did it.
like the 41/2 it should have been routed into the croft via the main lights on the A41,
not down the causeway missing out mill road and the next stop which are far more busier than
going round the back entrance in the croft.they cannot get the divertion right either, by the
Chester bound 2 still running a different way around Bromborough,this was a mistake
admitted to me by the scottish guy in the office at RF. Angry

I do wonder if with these changes more people will opt for the X8 instead of the 2

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27772 is here and is on the 38 today, It's just left Birkenhead for West Kirby if anyone wants it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/09/2016 09:41)chester285 Wrote:  I do wonder if with these changes more people will opt for the X8 instead of the 2
Yes, Great if you are going to Liverpool, but not if you are on the route to Birkenhead

Mill Road/ Magazine Road, stop now only has the 1 which stops there on a direct service

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(06/09/2016 20:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  Cant agree more

Sadly though there is no extra publicity staff available to magically print & change at least half the bus stops in Merseyside, and compile all the timetables and print them so it was doomed to failure plus it then takes time changing all the boards at the actual stops.
Its Merseytravels fault firstly for insisting on everything changing on the same date, and also throwing the St Helens network review on top.
(07/09/2016 13:33)mr t Wrote:  Sadly though there is no extra publicity staff available to magically print & change at least half the bus stops in Merseyside, and compile all the timetables and print them so it was doomed to failure plus it then takes time changing all the boards at the actual stops.
Its Merseytravels fault firstly for insisting on everything changing on the same date, and also throwing the St Helens network review on top.

If they are still updating timetables by hand then that is a massive failing on Merseytravel's part. It can be easily automated to produce a PDF for each stop by pulling data from something like Transport API. No wonder it is taking so long!
Actually, I remember they advertised the job for timetables a few months ago. In the description it said it required a knowledge of Quark Express (similar to Word, but more diverse and used in publishing), which suggests that they are indeed changing them by hand. They need to move with the times
(07/09/2016 13:33)mr t Wrote:  Sadly though there is no extra publicity staff available to magically print & change at least half the bus stops in Merseyside, and compile all the timetables and print them so it was doomed to failure plus it then takes time changing all the boards at the actual stops.

Which is understandable, however timetables at the major stops like Sir Thomas Street & at bus stations should have been up on Sunday, or Monday morning, quite poor that the old times were still up yesterday leading to confusion especially on the 1 & 2 as it's no longer a QBP route, i wouldn't be surprised if some passengers would have boarded these services using Arriva tickets only to find out they're no longer valid[not everyone has the Internet].

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Even CWACC has a thing to grab all times for a stop and it puts it into a spreadsheet looking thing. Then one person goes round and puts up new timetables. The one person does all of CWACC area so he has a lot to do.
(07/09/2016 15:20)iMarkeh Wrote:  Even CWACC has a thing to grab all times for a stop and it puts it into a spreadsheet looking thing. Then one person goes round and puts up new timetables. The one person does all of CWACC area so he has a lot to do.

To ba fair CWaC changed the timetables on Holm Oak and Willowdale over the weekend ready for the new date, I really cannot see why Merseytravel have to drag their heels

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
CWaC has one guy putting them up as I say. With Merseyside being the way it is, they should have a lot more people to do it. Also, if all timetables were like everywhere else where the bus companies put them out rather than the transport authority then they would be out ages ago. Bus stops are local authority but for passengers, it is easier to have timetables. SC would love doing timetables for Merseyside :P

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)