Current time: 18/04/2024, 06:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(17/08/2016 07:00)iMarkeh Wrote:  The X2 will go Chester - Eport - Runcorn. The route I bet is to compete with Arriva. £4 on SC or £5 on Arriva.
13.50 week ticket on SC but takes 20 mins longer
17:00 a week on Arriva but is quicker

Over a year, that could be a saving of almost £200 pound for spending an extra 40 mins on a bus. This does depend on if the new 36 timetable will stick with all buses via Elton which I doubt.

It says 'via Elton' in the route description. And it's the ony bus service to serve there too. I can't see cwac or stagecoach taking Elton out of the route just to save a few minutes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
For some passengers its the money that is the headliner grabber and others its the time and direct nature of the route.

How many people going to Halton Lea from Chester would ever think of going via Ellesmere Port and Cheshire Oaks
(17/08/2016 08:45)telf23 Wrote:  It says 'via Elton' in the route description. And it's the ony bus service to serve there too. I can't see cwac or stagecoach taking Elton out of the route just to save a few minutes

Yes but halfhourly is steep. I would say especially upto Ince Square. It is commercial not CWACC to my knowledge so I think it could be different way on one to the other. Does the 36 still go half way round the world at Palacefields as if so then that may be dropped
36 does not serve ince gha withdrew that part of route couple of years back, missing out elton would only save a couple of minutes but would cost more in lost revenue so it better serving elton, when the x3 ran this route ran via parklands in elton as financially it was much more worthwhile than skipping the village, personally i think this is a great idea by stagecoach as its provided new links from whitby to cheshire oaks & elton to ellesmere port hospital just 2 examples
(17/08/2016 11:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  Yes but halfhourly is steep. I would say especially upto Ince Square. It is commercial not CWACC to my knowledge so I think it could be different way on one to the other. Does the 36 still go half way round the world at Palacefields as if so then that may be dropped

Just have to wait and see I would imagine the X2 will be emulating the exact route the 36 is now

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(17/08/2016 11:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  Yes but halfhourly is steep. I would say especially upto Ince Square. It is commercial not CWACC to my knowledge so I think it could be different way on one to the other. Does the 36 still go half way round the world at Palacefields as if so then that may be dropped

The way it goes around Palacefields is ridiculous and uneccessary. I don't understand why they changed the direction. They can't be getting any extra revenue in there
(17/08/2016 16:27)telf23 Wrote:  The way it goes around Palacefields is ridiculous and uneccessary. I don't understand why they changed the direction. They can't be getting any extra revenue in there

I went on a 36 the other week (as passenger) its still doing the same route as I did 19 months ago when I worked at GHA
Just out of curiosity, will there be a chance of seeing a decker once the X2 service starts through to Runcorn?
(18/08/2016 19:57)telf23 Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, will there be a chance of seeing a decker once the X2 service starts through to Runcorn?

I doubt it to be honest but you never know

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(18/08/2016 20:34)chester285 Wrote:  I doubt it to be honest but you never know

I am not familiar with the 36 route - does it miss all the low bridges in Runcorn to allow a decker to operate?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)