Current time: 29/03/2024, 10:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Rock Ferry 100% confirmed as operating the 6 from September

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/08/2016 18:45)R879 HRF Wrote:  Rock Ferry 100% confirmed as operating the 6 from September

What's the actual logic behind moving the 6 to RF are Rockferry short of routes

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(12/08/2016 19:14)chester285 Wrote:  What's the actual logic behind moving the 6 to RF are Rockferry short of routes

Chester depot is full plus when they move 6 to rock ferry if they keep the work in north wales work they could possibly take on extra mold to e port work that arriva dropped that is 2 buses work monday to friday, its a lot of worked gained for rock as 41/42 increase in frequency from september 4th, they save 1 bus though with heswall to west kirby 38 withdrawn, i think stagecoach will be quite happy with there expanding network in this area makes a big change to when first were in charge & cutting back often
(12/08/2016 20:06)mtl97 Wrote:  Chester depot is full plus when they move 6 to rock ferry if they keep the work in north wales work they could possibly take on extra mold to e port work that arriva dropped that is 2 buses work monday to friday, its a lot of worked gained for rock as 41/42 increase in frequency from september 4th, they save 1 bus though with heswall to west kirby 38 withdrawn, i think stagecoach will be quite happy with there expanding network in this area makes a big change to when first were in charge & cutting back often

I know Chester is full but if reports are true that Chester has taken over GHAs outstation in tarvin for the school buses and as an overflow then surely they would have the space, I could understand Rockferry operating the 6 if Chester wasn't there but given the fact that Chester is slightly nearer than Rockferry I can't see the need for it for it to change what happens if it doesn't then pull in the profits

(12/08/2016 21:19)chester285 Wrote:  I know Chester is full but if reports are true that Chester has taken over GHAs outstation in tarvin for the school buses and as an overflow then surely they would have the space, I could understand Rockferry operating the 6 if Chester wasn't there but given the fact that Chester is slightly nearer than Rockferry I can't see the need for it for it to change what happens if it doesn't then pull in the profits

Chester only has like 2 school buses. 1 of which operates 51/53 and starts in Mollington so that would probably stay at Chester. I think Eport outstation makes more sense for the 36/X2 and 6. I dont know why GHA didnt have an outstation there as they had quite a few buses in that area.

Chester is beyond full. My dad has pictures of buses parked all along Victoria Road blocking the entrance/exit to Centurion Point so something needs to be done urgently as Dad is complaining to Mr French because buses block cars in. Cant buses simply be stored somewhere logical like Chester Football Ground during non event days then on event days moving buses for a few hours should be fine. SC could then run shuttles to and from the stadium.
(12/08/2016 22:24)iMarkeh Wrote:  Chester only has like 2 school buses. 1 of which operates 51/53 and starts in Mollington so that would probably stay at Chester. I think Eport outstation makes more sense for the 36/X2 and 6. I dont know why GHA didnt have an outstation there as they had quite a few buses in that area.

Chester is beyond full. My dad has pictures of buses parked all along Victoria Road blocking the entrance/exit to Centurion Point so something needs to be done urgently as Dad is complaining to Mr French because buses block cars in. Cant buses simply be stored somewhere logical like Chester Football Ground during non event days then on event days moving buses for a few hours should be fine. SC could then run shuttles to and from the stadium.

Arm Chester only has a few school services but that could change in the next couple of weeks with the new school term, I'm sure Chester are aware of the issues of overcrowding parking then up on the likes of the football stadium car park would'nt be practical as there isn't sufficient security and they wouldn't be covered on insurance where as an outstation registered to Chester with would be covered

(12/08/2016 22:50)chester285 Wrote:  Arm Chester only has a few school services but that could change in the next couple of weeks with the new school term, I'm sure Chester are aware of the issues of overcrowding parking then up on the likes of the football stadium car park would'nt be practical as there isn't sufficient security and they wouldn't be covered on insurance where as an outstation registered to Chester with would be covered

hmmm, I guess. I was thinking like very short term while something better is figured out. The problem is the more buses move around, the higher the charge to change the license for each depot and I think outstation.. Can a PR site store buses then be locked up for the night? Could be an alternative as that does lock.
(13/08/2016 06:56)iMarkeh Wrote:  hmmm, I guess. I was thinking like very short term while something better is figured out. The problem is the more buses move around, the higher the charge to change the license for each depot and I think outstation.. Can a PR site store buses then be locked up for the night? Could be an alternative as that does lock.

Using a park and ride site wouldn't an an option as again not as secure plus you then run the risk of the council charging for renting the space the only other option is to sell Liverpool road depot and purchase land big enough to accommodate the maximums buses on its licence and the relevant building s buses can be moved around wherever as long as the licence doesn't exceed running vehicles they can have more vehicles in site but only allowed to operate the amount in licence

(13/08/2016 10:33)chester285 Wrote:  Using a park and ride site wouldn't an an option

Why not?, Stagecoach uses Park & Ride sites in other towns.
(13/08/2016 13:33)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Why not?, Stagecoach uses Park & Ride sites in other towns.

They probably have a lot more security than Chester does

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)