Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Now updated to give a few details:

○ Increased service frequency to Orford/Longford in the peak periods [services 20/21, possibly 25?]
○ Increased frequency to Westy [could possibly just be referring to the addition of the 10, but otherwise would be an increase in the 1/2]
○ Co-ordinated timetable for Great Sankey [just 14/15]
○ Co-ordinated timetable for Penketh [hence multiple services through Penketh again? -- though it could possibly be referring to 14/15/32A]
○ Poorly used sections of route withdrawn. Unfortunately, due to falling patronage, Services 29A/29C will be withdrawn completely, together with the poorly used sections of Services 10C and 13. However, alternative Network Warrington services are available in the areas concerned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The council's reaction:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...r_numbers/
(03/08/2016 14:12)Valandil Wrote:  Now updated to give a few details:

○ Increased service frequency to Orford/Longford in the peak periods [services 20/21, possibly 25?]
○ Increased frequency to Westy [could possibly just be referring to the addition of the 10, but otherwise would be an increase in the 1/2]

Problem is, WBT have stated there are changes but not provided full details. My guess - and it is purely a guess - is that additional PVR is being added in the peaks. WBT have had this thing of not increasing the PVR in the peaks, so the same buses are used all day to the detriment of peak frequencies as journey times are increased.
(04/08/2016 07:18)Valandil Wrote:  The council's reaction:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...r_numbers/

I think the comments under the articul sum things up.
The whole ephos of the company is failing as people are put off using NW because of the extremely high fares and will often travel by car or taxi instead which basically means more cars on the road.
The whole objective of public transport is to tempt people away from cars and into the bus but this dosen't seem to be happening in Warrington.
It does seem like another opertunity for Fairbrothers to expand and grow bigger but is he willing to take the risk?
(05/08/2016 11:14)Mayneway Wrote:  I think the comments under the articul sum things up.
The whole ephos of the company is failing as people are put off using NW because of the extremely high fares and will often travel by car or taxi instead which basically means more cars on the road.
The whole objective of public transport is to tempt people away from cars and into the bus but this dosen't seem to be happening in Warrington.
It does seem like another opertunity for Fairbrothers to expand and grow bigger but is he willing to take the risk?

It says that network warrington are going to increase frequency to Orford and Westy.
(05/08/2016 13:10)The H man Wrote:  It says that network warrington are going to increase frequency to Orford and Westy.

Yes but withdrawing other services because of poor patronage but the point I'm
Making is that poor patronage can very easily be blaimed on the ever rising fares.
(05/08/2016 14:05)Mayneway Wrote:  Yes but withdrawing other services because of poor patronage but the point I'm
Making is that poor patronage can very easily be blaimed on the ever rising fares.

Hi 'Mayneway' - hope you are keeping well.

You make a good point but so far as the NW services which are being withdrawn from the 5th September are concerned, and knowing these routes well, I very much doubt that the poor patronage is because of rising fares. My only surprise is that NW did not withdraw these services a long time ago and i would be even more surprised if the likes of Fairbrothers or anyone else registered services on these routes.

As the H man has stated NW are increasing journeys at peak times to Orford Longford and Westy which are, as you probably are aware, are three of the busiest routes in Warrington.

So far as NW losing passengers it would be interesting to have some idea as to how many people are travelling with Fairbrothers on the Dallam, Westy & Orford routes. Does anyone have any idea as to what the figures may be?
(03/08/2016 14:12)Valandil Wrote:  ○ Co-ordinated timetable for Penketh

It's said that the 32A will be split back into the 32 (which could be renumbered 30A?) and 30 again, each on a half-hourly frequency, combining to be every 15.
This however is unconfirmed.
Let's just say that I have seen the changes that are to happen and they are VERY interesting in terms of the changes to routes particularly around the Penketh and Sankey area...that's all I can say for now.
(07/08/2016 19:34)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Let's just say that I have seen the changes that are to happen and they are VERY interesting in terms of the changes to routes particularly around the Penketh and Sankey area...that's all I can say for now.

Sounds interesting!
I did also hear about a small rerouting around the estate in Penketh where the 32 used to go, to avoid having to squeeze through so many parked cars.

Do you know if there are any changes to the evening network, or is it just daytimes and possibly Sundays where there will be changes?

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)