Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Stagecoach have advised on their website about the arriva 2s being withdrawn & that they will be increasing there frequency from every 40 to every 30 mins, also that there will be a new stop in port sunlight, it gives a connection to new timetable but it wouldnt work for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/08/2016 07:28)mtl97 Wrote:  Stagecoach have advised on their website about the arriva 2s being withdrawn & that they will be increasing there frequency from every 40 to every 30 mins, also that there will be a new stop in port sunlight, it gives a connection to new timetable but it wouldnt work for me.

Indeed the link appears not to be activated yet
(04/08/2016 19:30)Nicholas Wrote:  Sorry, a bit late to this! You can get copies from the Traffic Commissioner's Office, but it will cost you £5 per registration for the privilidge. That's a standard admin charge that even bus operators have to pay if they want to see someone else's registration before the operator goes public!

Ahh, thank you. £5 is a bit steep isnt it? Oh well. Where are the details to contact the TC office to request these files? I may just get some when newer stuff comes through like in a few months in the next changes. Thanks again Nicholas.
The statement on the Stagecoach website, although accurate, could be a bit misleading.

Stagecoach say that they will be increasing the frequency their buses operate on service 2 from every 40 minutes to every 30 minutes.

Whilst true, this of course means that the overall service frequency of route two is being reduced from every 20 minutes, to every 30 minutes.

That probably answers the question of where the extra Stagecoach buses are coming from, as the two spare gold vehicles at Rock Ferry should suffice. It does however mean that it won't be possible to inter-work services 1 & 2 except possibly at the start/end of each day.

In all honesty, a 30 minute frequency is probably adequate for route 2, especially as Stagecoach now also operate service 6 in Ellesmere Port.

Personally, I would like to see the 2 operate a little later into the evening (to say around 19:30), but I won't hold my breath for anything so dramatic!
Stagecoach have said that the 2 will start earlier & finish later to replace the arriva journeys
As I keep saying. 2 should be cut short to Eport and then run a service from around Eport to Chester I would say Service 2 but Rivacre isnt SC so maybe Little Sutton again would be nice. Little Sutton to Chester via Hope Farm. I think it would be so much more beneficial and the buses would match the demand better for the areas it serves. Ie dart for Chester - Eport and north needs larger buses.
(05/08/2016 11:03)mtl97 Wrote:  Stagecoach have said that the 2 will start earlier & finish later to replace the arriva journeys

I expect that will mean that Stagecoach will run services at approximately the same times as the first/last runs do now. At the Chester end, the first southbound service Mon-Fri, together with the last southbound & last northbound services on Mon-Fri are currently operated by Arriva.

I don't expect Stagecoach will expand much on what is already offered.

New post

Well blow me - just had a look at the new timetable for the 2 and it will be running much later into the evening 6 days per week.

The first southbound service on a Saturday however is a joke!

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...Sept16.pdf
Is the 38 still going to operate from Bromborough to West Kirby .
(05/08/2016 12:40)Turbostar Wrote:  I expect that will mean that Stagecoach will run services at approximately the same times as the first/last runs do now. At the Chester end, the first southbound service Mon-Fri, together with the last southbound & last northbound services on Mon-Fri are currently operated by Arriva.

I don't expect Stagecoach will expand much on what is already offered.

New post

Well blow me - just had a look at the new timetable for the 2 and it will be running much later into the evening 6 days per week.

The first southbound service on a Saturday however is a joke!

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...Sept16.pdf

I cannot believe it the first southbound service on a Saturday, too late for going to Chester, need bit earlier, mostly people going to work at Chester first thing in morning not later. Firstly leave (depart) at Ellesmere Port bus station for Chester at 10.23am. I'm really shocked to see the new timetable that terrible!!!
(05/08/2016 19:29)326VFM Wrote:  I cannot believe it the first southbound service on a Saturday, too late for going to Chester, need bit earlier, mostly people going to work at Chester first thing in morning not later. Firstly leave (depart) at Ellesmere Port bus station for Chester at 10.23am. I'm really shocked to see the new timetable that terrible!!!

The new 1 timetable may explain why..but i believe X2 may be changing to interwork with 36 but thats still unconfirmed

Also from september the 6 is moving to RF depot

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)