Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Drivers are easy to find, Got loads of ex GHA drivers to pick from, Buses will be a problem as Arriva are already leaving Depots short so they can run these Services

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/07/2016 21:48)T42 PVM Wrote:  Drivers are easy to find, Got loads of ex GHA drivers to pick from, Buses will be a problem as Arriva are already leaving Depots short so they can run these Services
Not so bad for Arriva at the moment with the schools/colleges/universities away. But what is going to happen when those borrowed buses are required back at their home depots in September? Are the new buses for Green Lane or Speke due soon?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
(21/07/2016 05:31)childwallblues Wrote:  Not so bad for Arriva at the moment with the schools/colleges/universities away. But what is going to happen when those borrowed buses are required back at their home depots in September? Are the new buses for Green Lane or Speke due soon?

The same applies for stagecoach, rock ferry operates a number of schools and Chester runs a couple so that's a good few buses available for 6 weeks

I am no longer active on this forum.
(20/07/2016 20:36)T42 PVM Wrote:  For some reason theres no mention of the SP1/SP2 on the Stagecoach Website yet there is a Press Release about the 6/36 So am starting to think they are only running it on a short term basis

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/merse...ms-closure

I can really see stagecoach getting their foot in the door in Halton now they have the 36. Although Runcorn hasn't had stagecoach services until now, people still know who they are. If more services appeared, it wouldn't be long before they became a strong competition for Arriva/HT.

I guess only time will tell though!
Today two 55-plate Darts use on route SP1/2 from Ellesmere Port to Mold.
(21/07/2016 13:51)326VFM Wrote:  Today two 55-plate Darts use on route SP1/2 from Ellesmere Port to Mold.

Not seen anything anywhere about Stagecoach doing both SP1 & 2 but assume from your post that they have taken them both on.[/b]
(21/07/2016 14:34)rod_259 Wrote:  Not seen anything anywhere about Stagecoach doing both SP1 & 2 but assume from your post that they have taken them both on.[/b]

I saw them about before 11am at Ellesmere Port and A5117 heading to Mold.Not after lunch or after 12pm.
Brief trip to Chester, only stuff out of the ordinary seen was 34797 on the 9, 34781 parked on Love Street, 28548 on the PR2 and 26062 on the 5.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(21/07/2016 14:34)rod_259 Wrote:  Not seen anything anywhere about Stagecoach doing both SP1 & 2 but assume from your post that they have taken them both on.[/b]

This has only happened in the last few days with arriva pulling out of the SP1

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Stagecoach are to run both the SP1 and SP2 from tomorrow final confirmation made late morning

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)