Current time: 28/03/2024, 19:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Due to multiple road traffic accidents in the Cheshire Oaks area , X8 service is diverting via M53 between Chester Zoo and Cheshire Oaks , im led to believe this is having a serious effect on the running of the service 1 as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/06/2016 22:56)busdude Wrote:  Don't forget we use to have next stop info on "Smart" services like on Firsts 41/42 and some of Laird Streets Cadets...don't know what buses had them in Liverpool as I was to young to remember

I remember St Helens had it on at least the 32/32A, or it might have been when they were the 23/24.
18440 and 18442 look like 2 of the confirmed buses going to Hyde Rd tommorow to help with Parklife im not sure what else is going from Rock Ferry but I suspect 18156 may also be going to help
(10/06/2016 17:30)jcksmnr Wrote:  I remember St Helens had it on at least the 32/32A, or it might have been when they were the 23/24.

Also the marshalls had it on the 20 and northwestern had it on the ultralows for the 320 and bluebus on the 620 if i rember correctly as haydock was a smart corridor.
(10/06/2016 12:42)wirralbus Wrote:  Due to multiple road traffic accidents in the Cheshire Oaks area , X8 service is diverting via M53 between Chester Zoo and Cheshire Oaks , im led to believe this is having a serious effect on the running of the service 1 as well.

That may explain the appearance of an "04" reg Dart on the 16:04 X8 from Liverpool this afternoon (running around 15 minutes late). To be fair, it was well driven & quite a fast run back down the Wirral.
(10/06/2016 17:54)Turbostar Wrote:  That may explain the appearance of an "04" reg Dart on the 16:04 X8 from Liverpool this afternoon (running around 15 minutes late). To be fair, it was well driven & quite a fast run back down the Wirral.

Probably interesting to see something which is not the norm on the X8.

Cheshire Oaks is a timekeeping nightmare if there is accidents there , or nearby on the motorway as the road past it becomes a diversionary route . Compounding the delays there was also an accident near the Strawberry Roundabout as well.
(10/06/2016 18:28)wirralbus Wrote:  Probably interesting to see something which is not the norm on the X8.

Cheshire Oaks is a timekeeping nightmare if there is accidents there , or nearby on the motorway as the road past it becomes a diversionary route . Compounding the delays there was also an accident near the Strawberry Roundabout as well.

These accidents today were possibly due to the weather at the time, I was driving along the m53 & between junctions 5 & 9 the motorway was flooded in both directions & in ellesmere port many roads were flooded, the maximum speed on the motorway was about 20mph due to the amount of rain that come down in a very short time
This rain then crossed the Mersey estuary and then hit South Liverpool particularly hard.

Mossley Hill , Queens Drive (Childwall Fiveways) where some of the badly affected areas.

Oh and why do people insist on trying to plough through seriously flooded roads , is it bravado.
(10/06/2016 19:52)Dentonian Wrote:  I believe loaned buses only get used on the late night returns from Heaton Park, so probably not worth hanging around Manchester in typical Saturday Rain for such exotica

Im taking 18440 as we understand it Merseyside drivers are doing afternoon/night on saturday and all day sunday

These are the Rock Ferry buses going to parklife

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)