Current time: 23/04/2024, 07:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(06/06/2016 20:52)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Oh right ok

Random question but are X265 USH and Y961/962 XBU still in service here? Or have they been sold or scrapped?

They've been withdrawn. They're in storage at Gillmoss
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/06/2016 20:17)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Oh... is that things like announcing the next stop? If so it seems a bit pointless on a P&R where there are 2/3 stops at most.

A bizzare move to fit it on the park and rides which as you say will only be stopping at a few locations, yet not on the gold 1/2 routes especially the 1 where a lot of passengers are tourists and always ask the driver to give them a shout at such and such a place.

Yes, people do manage to miss Cheshire oaks and the zoo believe it or not!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Is there a booked gold working on the X8 as i saw one on there about 0815/0820 travelling towards Chester in Bromborough.
(07/06/2016 07:12)R879 HRF Wrote:  A bizzare move to fit it on the park and rides which as you say will only be stopping at a few locations, yet not on the gold 1/2 routes especially the 1 where a lot of passengers are tourists and always ask the driver to give them a shout at such and such a place.

I agree that the 1/2 routes should have this kit retrofitted. It may be a while off, but one day all new local service buses will have Wi-Fi, recharging points and Next Stop fitted as standard. The technology already exists and the only impediment is the cost.
(07/06/2016 09:28)wirralbus Wrote:  Is there a booked gold working on the X8 as i saw one on there about 0815/0820 travelling towards Chester in Bromborough.

It's one Chester bound journey operated by Birkenhead each morning

I am no longer active on this forum.
Its more the fact CW&CC probably wanted next stop announcments on the buses, rather than Stagecoach doing it off their own backs.
(07/06/2016 07:12)R879 HRF Wrote:  A bizzare move to fit it on the park and rides which as you say will only be stopping at a few locations, yet not on the gold 1/2 routes especially the 1 where a lot of passengers are tourists and always ask the driver to give them a shout at such and such a place.

Last year, when I was on Holiday on the South Coast, every bus I travelled on had both visual and audible next stop announcements, yet operators in north appear not to be interested. (in they passengers wishes to know where their stop is at)
It's a strange one with the AV announcements. I live in Liverpool but I am from Germany. Over there we have AV announcements on normal services in every city almost. I'm now however used to not having these on Merseyside services.

I was on the Sapphire 1 in Wrexham a few weeks ago and they have it on that, and to be honest it annoyed me having announcements every 30 seconds for every single bus stop and cottage that the bus passed! I was also somewhat quite perplexed by the Welsh voice!

I think that on buses it is different to trains, especially those which are going so fast and passing so many stops. Trains tend to have fewer and less frequent announcements, which is not as annoying.
I would have thought AV announcements would comply with another section of the DDA act , not discriminating against blind people , without announcements your at the behest of someone to tell you where you are .
(07/06/2016 20:42)wirralbus Wrote:  I would have thought AV announcements would comply with another section of the DDA act , not discriminating against blind people , without announcements your at the behest of someone to tell you where you are .

Yes I agree that they are indeed useful for this purpose. But however it doesn't appear in the DDA literature for operators and manufacturers

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...le5990.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)