Current time: 28/03/2024, 08:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(22/05/2016 17:39)wirralbus Wrote:  If Stagecoach move out no route will be safe in the chester area including the 84 down to crewe as they will have so much room to play with .

That wouldn't happen though as Arriva have the capability to mimic many more of their services in Merseyside.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/05/2016 09:35)chester285 Wrote:  Does anyone know how Cheshire west and stagecoach got on recently with the application for funding to replace the park and ride buses with electric vehicles, I noticed it disappeared from CWaC website

As far as I know the new buses for park and ride are standard E200MMC's and they be in the 27*** series
The Enviro200 mmcs are only a stop gap for a year or so until hybrid volvos arrive. Or was the original plan. Don't forget the park and ride becomes controlled by stagecoach next month with very little funding from the council, so hybrid operations may never happen, especially if there is no longer any mention on the CWaC site.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(22/05/2016 19:29)R879 HRF Wrote:  The Enviro200 mmcs are only a stop gap for a year or so until hybrid volvos arrive. Or was the original plan. Don't forget the park and ride becomes controlled by stagecoach next month with very little funding from the council, so hybrid operations may never happen, especially if there is no longer any mention on the CWaC site.

If I rememeber rightly the only funding the council were asking for was for the infrastructure i.e. the recharging pods, but given the fact it has disappeared from the website suggests to me that they weren't successful with stagecoach taking control of the park and ride could this be the start of the end for the councils involvement full stop?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(22/05/2016 17:39)wirralbus Wrote:  If Stagecoach move out no route will be safe in the chester area including the 84 down to crewe as they will have so much room to play with .

unfortunately I cannot see it but I for one would like to see stagecoach branch out further, and give the likes of GHA a run for their money,

Could be wrong but i think i remember Stagecoach starting a 6 in Ellesmere Port in competition against GHA and failed, Maybe thats why they have not bothered trying again

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
More likely the lack of space at Chester Depot.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(23/05/2016 07:04)childwallblues Wrote:  More likely the lack of space at Chester Depot.

Agreed. There are some routes that would fit quite well with Stagecoach's operation that are over & above what they operate at present around Chester. However, it would need a substantial investment in the form of a new depot or some space in/around Chester to stable any additional vehicles required.

It's unlikely that there would be any full scale competition against Arriva, but I suspect a couple of GHA's routes may well have caught Stagecoach's eye.
(22/05/2016 23:57)T42 PVM Wrote:  Could be wrong but i think i remember Stagecoach starting a 6 in Ellesmere Port in competition against GHA and failed, Maybe thats why they have not bothered trying again

Possibly. GHA also upped their frequency to every 20 minutes when Stagecoach started to compete & there just wasn't the traffic for both operators.
(22/05/2016 23:57)T42 PVM Wrote:  Could be wrong but i think i remember Stagecoach starting a 6 in Ellesmere Port in competition against GHA and failed, Maybe thats why they have not bothered trying again

It didn't so much fail. They withdrew the service because on vandalism to their vehicles, residents were disappointed that stagecoach withdrew as some were cited as saying they couldn't rely on GHA but to be honest the later weren't playing fairly!l

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)