Current time: 28/03/2024, 17:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The revised X8 timetable (applicable from 29 May 2016) has now appeared on the Stagecoach website. Link here New X8 timetable

Again, this version is different to that shown on the Merseytravel website in that their version shows all services calling at Chester Zoo. Also, the stopping points listed on the two versions are different - the Stagecoach version indicates that all stops on Long Lane (Upton) will also be served (handy for me).

Grr...any wonder why people don't trust public transport to make effective use of it when two different bodies are saying different things about the same product...??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looking at the timetable and i cant see the X8 being able to keep to time, 1 hour 6 mins one way does not seem possible

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/05/2016 07:24)Turbostar Wrote:  The revised X8 timetable (applicable from 29 May 2016) has now appeared on the Stagecoach website. Link here New X8 timetable

Again, this version is different to that shown on the Merseytravel website in that their version shows all services calling at Chester Zoo. Also, the stopping points listed on the two versions are different - the Stagecoach version indicates that all stops on Long Lane (Upton) will also be served (handy for me).

Grr...any wonder why people don't trust public transport to make effective use of it when two different bodies are saying different things about the same product...??

Merseytravel showing the timetable for the benefit of passengers in Merseyside who are intending to use this service , CWAC should produce a timetable , do they though ?
(17/05/2016 07:24)Turbostar Wrote:  The revised X8 timetable (applicable from 29 May 2016) has now appeared on the Stagecoach website. Link here New X8 timetable

Also i have just noticed that the additional services between Chester Rail Station and Chester Zoo are dated as well
(17/05/2016 09:28)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseytravel showing the timetable for the benefit of passengers in Merseyside who are intending to use this service , CWAC should produce a timetable , do they though ?

As far as I know, CWAC only produce timetables for any subsidised services that operate in their area. They gave up printing timetables for other services some time ago.

The differences between the timetables is that Stagecoach's shows some early morning/late evening services not calling at the Zoo whereas Merseytravel's version shows all services calling there. I'm inclined to take Stagecoach's version at face value as I can't see a lot of point in diverting into the Zoo at 06:20 in the morning.

As regards timings, I think it will be very tight & i'm expecting some late running. We'll have to wait & see what happens when it all kicks off at the end of the month. Google maps shows the new route from Hoole roundabout to Cheshire Oaks as 0.9 miles further than using the motorway, and that's without the Zoo diversion.
There is swings and roundabouts on busier days coming in from Chester via Backford maybe quicker than the route via M53 junction which can become very congested.
It's been suggested by a source within the bus industry that the QBP on ticketing may be ending in September as Arriva intend withdrawing their services on route 2? If true, I assume Stagecoach would run the erstwhile Arriva services using the 2 spare Enviro 300's and by tightening up the diagrams so that routes 1 & 2 can inter-work throughout the day?.

Does anyone know anything more about this?
(18/05/2016 07:16)Turbostar Wrote:  It's been suggested by a source within the bus industry that the QBP on ticketing may be ending in September as Arriva intend withdrawing their services on route 2? If true, I assume Stagecoach would run the erstwhile Arriva services using the 2 spare Enviro 300's and by tightening up the diagrams so that routes 1 & 2 can inter-work throughout the day?.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

I'd heard something similar a while ago from a source at arriva, along with a few other surprising changes.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(18/05/2016 08:19)R879 HRF Wrote:  I'd heard something similar a while ago from a source at arriva, along with a few other surprising changes.

It's interesting that Stagecoach have been able to take on Arriva on the Wirral, something that First never could do. Compare Stagecoach's presence there now with First's less than four years ago.
Is it that Arriva want to concentrate on what they already do best and dump the routes that go furtherst from there depots , is this maybe getting ready for the slow moving buses bill.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)