Current time: 29/03/2024, 07:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Well considering most have done just over 1,000,000 in 11 years, works out at just under 100,000 per year. Don't forget they've been hammered on route 1 for around 19 hours a day since new. The 62 plate Enviro200s are around the 180,000 mark, which works out at 60k per year. Not sure what the gold buses are on at the moment, now they're 6 months old we can work out their approximate yearly mileage.

I'd say PO59s guess of 90k is about right for a solars annual mileage.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
On such a high profile route as the 1 / 2 , I do wonder when the likes of Stagecoach look at replacing vehicles .

The present vehicles have a good deal of life left on them on the 1 and 2
(10/05/2016 07:46)wirralbus Wrote:  On such a high profile route as the 1 / 2 , I do wonder when the likes of Stagecoach look at replacing vehicles .

I don't think it's even worth thinking about at the moment. They're not even a year old yet
Just had a quick look at one, 28552 I think it was, and has done roughly 993000m. Works out at approximately 90k per year. Of course there's a few with less miles and a few with more.

I am no longer active on this forum.
With the X8 to operate via Chester Zoo, will this mean that Hoole Road and the section of M53 between there and Cheshire Oaks?
(10/05/2016 17:27)moreton407 Wrote:  With the X8 to operate via Chester Zoo, will this mean that Hoole Road and the section of M53 between there and Cheshire Oaks?

The X8 will continue down Hoole road until it gets to Hoole hall roundabout where it will turn left on to the A41 up to the zoo that way it will then follow the route of the 1 to Cheshire oaks so that stretch of n toot way is cut from the journey

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(10/05/2016 17:37)chester285 Wrote:  The X8 will continue down Hoole road until it gets to Hoole hall roundabout where it will turn left on to the A41 up to the zoo that way it will then follow the route of the 1 to Cheshire oaks so that stretch of n toot way is cut from the journey

Thanks.

How much more journey time will this take?
The new timetable on the Merseytravel website doesnt show the X8 as operating via Chester Zoo - who is right???
Oh and I remember a few weeks back I asked about the N1 still running and I pretty much knew it wasnt - but it was actually still showing up on the traveline site and the departure boards at Birkenhead bus Station, I saw somebody complain to Merseytravel on Twitter this week about it coincidentally and apparently it had been left up in error, so mystery solved and my friend was right with his photo!
(10/05/2016 07:46)wirralbus Wrote:  On such a high profile route as the 1 / 2 , I do wonder when the likes of Stagecoach look at replacing vehicles .

Minimum of a 5-year cycle, normally more like 6 or even 7.

Exception to that is where a route goes Gold after new vehicles show an increase in realised and untapped demand.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...gecoach-x8

All new info about X8 put on stagecoach website today

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)