Current time: 25/04/2024, 20:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I remember a couple of years ago when the zoo done that offer of kids going free and everyone wanted to go then. The 1 and 2 were getting into Chester 60-120 minutes late. Surely the X8 will still be routed down the M53 to Hoole and come into the zoo from that direction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Its very marginal timing wise having to use the M53 and backtrack to the Zoo or use the route through Backford Dip.
Has the route been confirmed yet? Surely it is still going to use Hoole Road.
It will have to use Hoole Road after departure from Chester Zoo , as that is the integral to the X8 , Arriva would throw a wobbler if it went via Countess of Chester as it would be a two fingers salute to them.
Chatting to a friend earlier today, it was suggested that Stagecoach won't be taking up the option of running the Arriva turns on the X2, so that will go down to hourly. The idea is that people will use the X8 instead.

It will be interesting to see how that pans out - most of those who use the X2 do so because they know full well that it's the fastest service between Chester & Ellesmere Port.
Im just wondering whether the QBP agreement prevents Stagecoach taking up the Arriva X2 position.

Considering its School Holidays I saw a half full X8 Liverpool bound today at 0945 at Bolton Road Roundabout.
(12/04/2016 11:49)wirralbus Wrote:  Im just wondering whether the QBP agreement prevents Stagecoach taking up the Arriva X2 position.

Considering its School Holidays I saw a half full X8 Liverpool bound today at 0945 at Bolton Road Roundabout.

School holidays are over for most, it's currently term-time
Its still Easter Holidays here on the Wirral , they go back next Monday here .

I know some areas have differing times this year being very odd as the schools had four days off for Easter itself came back in for four days and then off for 2 weeks .
The majority of school across the country now have the first 2 weeks in April off, no matter when Easter lands. Just seems to be the odd primary school/nursery that are back this week. Havnt seen any Secondary school kids anywhere
(12/04/2016 16:36)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  The majority of school across the country now have the first 2 weeks in April off, no matter when Easter lands. Just seems to be the odd primary school/nursery that are back this week. Havnt seen any Secondary school kids anywhere

I'm in secondary school and we went back today

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)