Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
And now we also have the cancellation of routes 33(A) from 16th May.
That means that all of Network Warrington's evening services will have the (rather pointless in my opinion) 'E' suffix from that date.
Wonder who will be getting the contract for the 33(A), or if something else is happening like merging with another route, which would of course require other stuff to come through on VOSA soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Or if the services are just being cancelled without replacement, which I hope isn't the case.
(21/03/2016 19:31)jcksmnr Wrote:  Or if the services are just being cancelled without replacement, which I hope isn't the case.

It's a good point: I don't know when the contract was up for renewal, but maybe it's being axed as councils are understandably finding it hard to support even small numbers of services in the current situation (anyone would think that the recession of 8 years ago was still happening ... )
I've had a think about how the interworking patterns could work after the new timetables come into play, and this is how I think it could work, where ZZ[XX-YY] means service number ZZ leaving town at XX past the hour and arriving back at YY past the hour, though of course I could be wrong:

13[11-48] -> 11A[55-23] -> 29A[29-13] -> 29C[18-04] (->)
12A[10-36] -> 13[41-18] -> 15[23-05] (->)
1[10-36] -> 4A[45-23] -> 3[28-05]

10C[40-53] -> 2[00-28]

2[40-08] -> 16A[13-43] -> 15[53-35]

16A[43-13] -> 20[18-51] -> 21[00-33] -> 20[42-15] -> 21[24-57] -> 20[06-39] -> 21[48-21] -> 20[30-03] -> 21[12-45] -> 20[54-27] -> 21[36-09] -> 4A[15-53] -> 3[58-35]
(19/03/2016 16:49)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Will need some route training around Centre Park, never been around it...

Out of interest, have you had any route training for it yet?
Not yet Valandi but from what I've been told it's pretty straight forward so I can't imagine it's going to be difficult to learn :-)
(31/03/2016 14:45)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Not yet Valandi but from what I've been told it's pretty straight forward so I can't imagine it's going to be difficult to learn :-)

Yeah, it shouldn't be too bad to be honest, but you might have to be careful with the automatic bollard there.
Hybrid Versa on the 33A today, first time I've seen that. Any news on what if anything will happen to this service after May?
(11/04/2016 17:00)jcksmnr Wrote:  Hybrid Versa on the 33A today, first time I've seen that. Any news on what if anything will happen to this service after May?

I'm keeping my eye on Traveline, but it's still showing the old data so far :/

I wonder if the 45/46 will effectively have gone full circle at the next timetable change, as I imagine Warrington would be keen to get a fuller 45 service going again once GHA's version has disappeared.
There are also changes to the 8's and 28's coming up.
(14/04/2016 08:20)Valandil Wrote:  I'm keeping my eye on Traveline, but it's still showing the old data so far :/

I wonder if the 45/46 will effectively have gone full circle at the next timetable change, as I imagine Warrington would be keen to get a fuller 45 service going again once GHA's version has disappeared.
There are also changes to the 8's and 28's coming up.

You are right with your assumptions that from the 30th April NW will run an hourly service alternating the 45 ans 46 services i.e. each route having in effect a bus every two hours. It is I suppose a return to the position before GHA arrived in Warrington. I understand the new timetables will b e available early next week. It may well be that the Northwich buses will leave the Warrington Interchange at 30 minutes past the hour and the number 8 will change to hourly from the interchange.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)