Current time: 03/05/2024, 12:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
(06/03/2016 17:57)djb Wrote:  Amazing coincidence isn't it that high peak get the 341 tender, then realise the 394 is no longer viable....

Exactly my thoughts, but you can bet your bottom dollar they have put a tender in and if they are successful will have two solos shipped up from thier Centrebus operations to use on it.

There's also been some criticisim of High Peak for not selling system one products or topping up get me there smart passes. Pretty poor that TFGM are happy to give them tenders but there not going to be selling TFGMs prize apples.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/03/2016 17:57)djb Wrote:  Amazing coincidence isn't it that high peak get the 341 tender, then realise the 394 is no longer viable....

As expected the 394 has been saved and will continue to be operated by High Peak. From 28th March - although I think it's actually 29th as it's a bank holiday Monday, it will operate on a new 2 hourly service following the same route as at present but using only 1 bus. The extra money needed to subsidise this new weekday service will be spilt evenly between DCC and TFGM but as a result there will be some changes to other services. The subsidised 394 Saturday service will be completly withdrawn with Saturday 26th March being the last day it operates.

Savings will also be made by making changes to the Sunday daytime 202 and Mon-Sat 341, details haven't been revealed yet but I suspect there both going from a half hourly services to an hourly service again using just 1 bus rather than 2. So high peaks decision to pull the commercial 394 has indirectly lost Stagecoach some work.
(09/03/2016 23:49)Mayneway Wrote:  As expected the 394 has been saved and will continue to be operated by High Peak. From 28th March - although I think it's actually 29th as it's a bank holiday Monday, it will operate on a new 2 hourly service following the same route as at present but using only 1 bus. The extra money needed to subsidise this new weekday service will be spilt evenly between DCC and TFGM but as a result there will be some changes to other services. The subsidised 394 Saturday service will be completly withdrawn with Saturday 26th March being the last day it operates.

Savings will also be made by making changes to the Sunday daytime 202 and Mon-Sat 341, details haven't been revealed yet but I suspect there both going from a half hourly services to an hourly service again using just 1 bus rather than 2. So high peaks decision to pull the commercial 394 has indirectly lost Stagecoach some work.
the 202/341 tt is online the eve/sundays is being taken over by tameside local link at dcc cost
and where is any evidence to confirm the 394 is going to be 2 hourly as its still out to tender til today
the tt online for 394 shows online as m-f axed and sats currrently same but as mentioned above this is still out for retender
(10/03/2016 18:37)james Wrote:  the 202/341 tt is online the eve/sundays is being taken over by tameside local link at dcc cost
and where is any evidence to confirm the 394 is going to be 2 hourly as its still out to tender til today
the tt online for 394 shows online as m-f axed and sats currrently same but as mentioned above this is still out for retender

Mayneway is right. It's been tendered to high peak on a 2 hourly service, starting with the 0640 from glossop, subsequent journies at **38, with the last journey being 1738 from stepping hill. I'm pretty sure I've seen it online somewhere, if so I'll post the link.
(06/03/2016 17:22)Mayneway Wrote:  Update regarding the 202:
Mon-Sat evening journeys will be axed (not sure if this includes Sunday service as that is a different contract not yet up for renewal), the 'Tame Valley link' which is basically a dial a ride style service will be re-routed to serve Charlsworth, Broadbottom and Gamesley with additional stops in Glossop. This service is available to anyone who is registered to use the services but it's with pointing out that it's an infrequent service and is only available to passengers who have booked and are registered to use it. It will be completly funded by DCC.

This 202 Service is getting more confusing as this has appeared of the TFGM Website:

202 03/04/2016
Glossop – Hyde
Run by Stagecoach/Stotts Tours. Evening, Sunday and public holiday journeys are withdrawn. All other Monday to Saturday journeys are now run by High Peak

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/03/2016 10:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  This 202 Service is getting more confusing as this has appeared of the TFGM Website:

202 03/04/2016
Glossop – Hyde
Run by Stagecoach/Stotts Tours. Evening, Sunday and public holiday journeys are withdrawn. All other Monday to Saturday journeys are now run by High Peak

So the full Sunday service has gone. The 202 will only exsist as a couple of short journeys between Glossop and Gamesley Monday to Saturday.
(10/03/2016 18:37)james Wrote:  the 202/341 tt is online the eve/sundays is being taken over by tameside local link at dcc cost

James get your facts right.
The Councilor backing the campaign to save the 394 posted the news on his blog and on the save the 394 Facebook page. It's with high peak and is running every 2 hours.

The 202/341 evening service isn't being run by local link it's been axed, the exsisting Tame Valley Link will be rerouted through Broadbottom and Gamesley to provide a basic service in the evenings but it will only be available to those registered to use it who have pre booked it. The cost of this service will be paid for jointly by DCC and TFGM.
(13/03/2016 11:00)Mayneway Wrote:  James get your facts right.
The Councilor backing the campaign to save the 394 posted the news on his blog and on the save the 394 Facebook page. It's with high peak and is running every 2 hours.

The 202/341 evening service isn't being run by local link it's been axed, the exsisting Tame Valley Link will be rerouted through Broadbottom and Gamesley to provide a basic service in the evenings but it will only be available to those registered to use it who have pre booked it. The cost of this service will be paid for jointly by DCC and TFGM.

TAME VALLEY LOCAL LINK to cover b`bottom gamesley and a stop at market hall glossop exactly what i said ??????
but the 394 was at the time of writing still out to tender. it may well be that high do as everyone is suggesting about 2 hourly service but they still have to go through the process
(13/03/2016 17:49)james Wrote:  TAME VALLEY LOCAL LINK to cover b`bottom gamesley and a stop at market hall glossop exactly what i said ??????
but the 394 was at the time of writing still out to tender. it may well be that high do as everyone is suggesting about 2 hourly service but they still have to go through the process

Look back at your original post you said the 341/202 is being taken over by Local link. How can it be taken over if the contract is being axed? You also stated that DCC will meet the cost when actually the cost of re-routing the Tame Valley Local link will be shared equally by DCC and TFGM.

As for the 394 you demanded evidence that the 394 was to run 2 hourly by high peak as as far you were concerned it was still out to tender, when in actual fact at the time I posted it had already been announced on Councillor Anthony Mckeown's blog that High Peak were going to run it two hourly mon-fri.

If you want any further evidence let me know!
(13/03/2016 17:49)james Wrote:  TAME VALLEY LOCAL LINK to cover b`bottom gamesley and a stop at market hall glossop exactly what i said ??????

http://anthonymckeown.info/2016/03/394-s...at-a-cost/

Above is the link to the councillors blog James. As you can see from the date on the blog he announced on the 9th March that the 394 had been saved and would be run by High Peak, I posted the following morning, 10th March, yet you suggest it was still out for tender?? Perhaps you can explain why the Councilor involved in saving this vital service would suggest it had been saved and would continue to operate with High Peak when in your opinion it was still 'out to tender'?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)