Current time: 03/05/2024, 14:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
(19/02/2016 21:13)Dentonian Wrote:  Them's the rules! Take it up with your MP (its the Law, not TFGMC policy....although it might suit them individually at election time)

This seems to be another one of those "is that actually the case?" grey areas, as there are plenty of councils that require an operator who runs a tendered service to accept the tickets of the commercial operator on the same service (but obviously not the other way round).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/02/2016 09:47)Nicholas Wrote:  This seems to be another one of those "is that actually the case?" grey areas, as there are plenty of councils that require an operator who runs a tendered service to accept the tickets of the commercial operator on the same service (but obviously not the other way round).

Im pretty sure I read on another forum a while ago that either in West or South Yorkshire a group of evening and Sunday tenders were awarded too Arriva I think as they operated the mon-sat daytime services commercially and offered 'consistency' to passengers in regards to tickets etc.

I perfectly understand the transport act but to chop a service up in to several chunks and award them to different operators because it's easier and cheaper is ludicrous but as always I these situations the passenger is the last person that's considered.
High Peak's 202/341 timetable is on their website. In regards to the 202, they will run the Monday-Saturday morning journeys. The 341 will run to existing times except for 0828 journey from Glossop, which runs 5 minutes later, while some weekday afternoon journeys will run up to 15 minutes later.

Unless TfGM or Derbyshire CC find a late replacement, it looks like the 394 weekday service will be withdrawn at the end of March.

http://www.highpeakbuses.com/Documents/2...040416.pdf
http://www.highpeakbuses.com/Documents/3...270316.pdf
According to a Facebook page set up to 'save the 394' it's been reported that the 394 has been put out to tender and will continue to operate if an operator picks it up. Apparently we should know more after 7/8th March.

Will be interesting to see who if anyone picks it up. Smiths of Marple have a couple of low floor darts sat around all day in glossop between schools but I wouldn't be surprised if stagecoach show an interest.
Does anyone know whats going on with the 202 Service? it was mentioned somewhere it was for the chop but mentioned elsewhere High Peak are taking it over

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cheers

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/03/2016 21:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  Does anyone know whats going on with the 202 Service? it was mentioned somewhere it was for the chop but mentioned elsewhere High Peak are taking it over

Only the Sunday service and morning shorts are going to continue the non-sat evening service is for the chop. Presumably when the Sunday contract comes up for renewal the eveving Sunday service will also go.
(20/02/2016 15:08)Dentonian Wrote:  This is something I raised more than once in GMPTE days, with the now retired Senior Service Planning Officer. She insisted that the subject had been raised with the Legal department, who contacted the OFT, and the answer was No; TFGM could not impose any acceptance of other Ops tickets on tendered journeys. And whilst there were suggestions of a slight lee-way given to Operators already running Daytime equivalents in the past (Stagecoach in Stockport was the context), specifically to keep fares down (and therefore loadings up) for regular passengers, that has also been discontinued. Certainly, nothing like the scenario of Arriva in Yorkshire Mayneway mentions below, would be allowed. Unless the tender bid was only slightly higher than the lowest by another Operator.

Of course, the more general point about "is that actually the case" is always going to be questioned when not only the Law is iniquitous (ie. its illegal to park on pavements and block driveways in London, but perfectly legal elsewhere), but also its enforcement (eg. privatisation of GM Buses v Travel West Midlands, right down to where parking wardens patrol, and which violations they punish, and which they literally walk right past).

I know of quite a number of local authorities that stipulate, within the tender spec of eve/Sun/single jny contracts, that returns/season tickets of the operator of the main daytime service must be accepted. So not sure why it would be illegal for TFGM to similarly do so? Sounds like a convenient excuse to me!
(04/03/2016 21:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  Does anyone know whats going on with the 202 Service? it was mentioned somewhere it was for the chop but mentioned elsewhere High Peak are taking it over

Update regarding the 202:
Mon-Sat evening journeys will be axed (not sure if this includes Sunday service as that is a different contract not yet up for renewal), the 'Tame Valley link' which is basically a dial a ride style service will be re-routed to serve Charlsworth, Broadbottom and Gamesley with additional stops in Glossop. This service is available to anyone who is registered to use the services but it's with pointing out that it's an infrequent service and is only available to passengers who have booked and are registered to use it. It will be completly funded by DCC.

394 update:
Like the 202 DCC is keen to keep some kind of link between Glossop and Stepping Hill so thier looking to reduce the frequency of the subsidised Saturday service which would then cost less to run, then using the money that's saved to subsidise an infrequent service during the week. It's currently out to tender so will be interesting to see who gets it, I personally hope it's not high peak.
(06/03/2016 17:22)Mayneway Wrote:  Update regarding the 202:
Mon-Sat evening journeys will be axed (not sure if this includes Sunday service as that is a different contract not yet up for renewal), the 'Tame Valley link' which is basically a dial a ride style service will be re-routed to serve Charlsworth, Broadbottom and Gamesley with additional stops in Glossop. This service is available to anyone who is registered to use the services but it's with pointing out that it's an infrequent service and is only available to passengers who have booked and are registered to use it. It will be completly funded by DCC.

394 update:
Like the 202 DCC is keen to keep some kind of link between Glossop and Stepping Hill so thier looking to reduce the frequency of the subsidised Saturday service which would then cost less to run, then using the money that's saved to subsidise an infrequent service during the week. It's currently out to tender so will be interesting to see who gets it, I personally hope it's not high peak.

Amazing coincidence isn't it that high peak get the 341 tender, then realise the 394 is no longer viable....

User(s) browsing this thread: