Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Just seen a Stagecoach Gold on the 38 couldn't id it though.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/02/2016 11:24)MTL0201 Wrote:  Just seen a Stagecoach Gold on the 38 couldn't id it though.

They slip on 38 and 41 at times as well as 471/2 as there are 2 spares
(22/02/2016 07:50)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Anyone know what's gonna happen to the existing Park and Ride Buses when the upgrades happen later this year?

I would imagine they will be will transferred to other divisions in stagecoach unless Gilmoss retain them other than that possible disposal as they are not that old! only time will tell

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(22/02/2016 15:39)chester285 Wrote:  I would imagine they will be will transferred to other divisions in stagecoach unless Gillmoss retain them other than that possible disposal as they are not that old! only time will tell

Would not surprise me if some replaced Solars at Rock Ferry
27776 failed on X8 on the new ferry bypass this afternoon,passengers picked up by 27779 on the
next bus to Liverpool,seems these are not suited for motorway running

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(22/02/2016 15:48)E208 WBG Wrote:  Would not surprise me if some replaced Solars at Rock Ferry

Indeed - so much depends on the new vehicle orders, but I would not be surprised to see these turn up at Rock Ferry, with the Solars moving on to Gillmoss or Preston.

That way the vehicle types are as standardised as possible across the depots, and it saves RF holding both Volvo and Scania spares.
I have been informed 80028 is awaiting collection at Rock Ferry I presume back to dealer but unsure
Should be off to Preston for trials on the X2...
(22/02/2016 16:11)Penny Return Wrote:  27776 failed on X8 on the New Ferry bypass this afternoon. Passengers picked up by 27779 on the next bus to Liverpool, seems these are not suited for motorway running

I'd hardly class the New Ferry bypass as a motorway. It's barely a mile long with a speed limit of 50mph. Breakdowns occur any where and any time.

The only vehicles I can think of that were designed for motorway service and failed to perform were the coach-seated Bristol VRs in the early 1970s which were seriously prone to overheating.
(23/02/2016 20:42)Barney Wrote:  I'd hardly class the New Ferry bypass as a motorway. It's barely a mile long with a speed limit of 50mph. Breakdowns occur any where and any time.

The only vehicles I can think of that were designed for motorway service and failed to perform were the coach-seated Bristol VRs in the early 1970s which were seriously prone to overheating.

And Crosvilles EOG Olympians with their high speed diffs and high backed seats- the buses that ran the original X7 and X8

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)