Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
27778 is one of the X8 branded buses, so yes I think it is a Chester bus. Started life at GM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/02/2016 06:59)wirralbus Wrote:  Is 27778 a Chester vehicle . A breakdown at Shore Road or most places on the New Chester Road these days would cause untold traffic congestion , now that they have filled in most of the bus bays .

I do wonder whether the two Mill Lane bus bays will get filled in . The one towards Liverpool is an awkward one being between two sets of traffic lights , im sure if you was to position a bus stop between a set of junction traffic lights now that would be rejected by H&S , but because it was already there before the lights where put in it would have some sort of grandfather rights in legislation.

They're starting to remove the Chester bound layby as we speak. They're planning to phase them all out.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Is the Liverpool bound one staying or going as this is going to be a traffic snarl up waiting to happen if that happens with the amount of traffic that already turns into Coronation Drive.

I have seen some really bad near misses at that junction with drivers changing lanes at the last minute realising that there is traffic turning right ahead only to come across a bus edging out of that bay.
(19/02/2016 08:40)wirralbus Wrote:  Is the Liverpool bound one staying or going as this is going to be a traffic snarl up waiting to happen if that happens with the amount of traffic that already turns into Coronation Drive.

I have seen some really bad near misses at that junction with drivers changing lanes at the last minute realising that there is traffic turning right ahead only to come across a bus edging out of that bay.

The Liverpool bound one will be staying due to traffic congestion from Mill Road lights,Coronation
drive,there will also be no Bus Shelter due to space restictions,after several complaints from
local residents to the powers that be

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(18/02/2016 16:47)Penny Return Wrote:  Back axle went on 27778 at Shore drive on X8 a short while ago.After being on the phone
driver limped on to chester with passengers,i thought he would have gone to RF for a replacement

This morning Dart 34811 PX06DVU on route X8 replaced Enviro 27778 at Hoole Road, Chester, then later I was spotted Wrights 2126? I couldn't see fleet number too far way, on route X8 at Cheshire oaks in late afternoon.
Yes 27778 Is based at Chester

(19/02/2016 06:59)wirralbus Wrote:  Is 27778 a Chester vehicle . A breakdown at Shore Road or most places on the New Chester Road these days would cause untold traffic congestion , now that they have filled in most of the bus bays .

I do wonder whether the two Mill Lane bus bays will get filled in . The one towards Liverpool is an awkward one being between two sets of traffic lights , im sure if you was to position a bus stop between a set of junction traffic lights now that would be rejected by H&S , but because it was already there before the lights where put in it would have some sort of grandfather rights in legislation.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(19/02/2016 19:18)326VFM Wrote:  This morning Dart 34811 PX06DVU on route X8 replaced Enviro 27778 at Hoole Road, Chester, then later I was spotted Wrights 2126? I couldn't see fleet number too far way, on route X8 at Cheshire oaks in late afternoon.

Could it be 21262 / DK09 GXW? Seen that around Chester a few times today on the X8, usually it's on P&R or Blacon Pointer routes.
I do wonder what the time penalty is for the X8 to operate along the M53 is against the A41 with all its assiociated traffic lights .

There is by my counting 15 sets of lights on New Chester Road between Tunnel entrance and M53 at Hooton , thats before you take into account any traffic congestion from roadworks.
(21/02/2016 10:25)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder what the time penalty is for the X8 to operate along the M53 is against the A41 with all its assiociated traffic lights .

There is by my counting 15 sets of lights on New Chester Road between Tunnel entrance and M53 at Hooton , thats before you take into account any traffic congestion from roadworks.

There is probably not much in it time wise, but there is more business to be had going via the A41. The old X7 was originally routed via the M53 but whilst it was fast, it was never busy.

27778 is back out today for those interested-on the 06:03 ex Chester X8.
Anyone know what's gonna happen to the existing Park and Ride Buses when the upgrades happen later this year?

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)