Current time: 26/06/2024, 16:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
Yes but stopping near to Norton Street and stopping in Norton Street Coach station are two totally different things as firstly just look at the weather outdoors its perishing and passengers really are going to be happy to stand in the cold , Liverpool One Bus Station is only going to be marginally better.

National Express probably asked whether there was some chance of using Queen Square which to be honest would have been a better bet being more central to all public transport and was probably told No .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With regards to passenger facilities at L1, surely there is space to build a little enclosed waiting area next to the police HQ where the bike station is? That'd at least put this issue to bed. However, the bigger issue if obviously that of the actual coaches themselves. Is that issue one of coaches stopping, or one of layover?
The Norton Street stop is a temporary thing and will eventually be withdrawn at some stage. Queens Sqaure was never thought of when the move was taking place. As for vehicles, bays 1 and 2 are in use plus 3 layover bays round the back. It's early days yet and at some point National Express will consult with Merseytravel in passenger waiting area.
(16/02/2016 14:58)chris-s Wrote:  The Norton Street stop is a temporary thing and will eventually be withdrawn at some stage. Queens Sqaure was never thought of when the move was taking place. As for vehicles, bays 1 and 2 are in use plus 3 layover bays round the back. It's early days yet and at some point National Express will consult with Merseytravel in passenger waiting area.

I was going through Liverpool One earlier Merseytravel have already put a waiting room for National Express passengers in the Merseytravel Shop

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
The Liverpool one move is a complete shambles, i thought the city was getting its act together

but this is a step back to the dark days,i wonder if fat Joe has his grubby fingers in this,knowing

his disregard for Public Transport

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(16/02/2016 19:36)Penny Return Wrote:  The Liverpool one move is a complete shambles, I thought the city was getting its act together but this is a step back to the dark days, I wonder if fat Joe has his grubby fingers in this, knowing his disregard for Public Transport

Whilst I agree that the closure of Norton Street and the relocation to Liverpool One is a retrograde move, I fail to see how this can be laid at the door of the Mayor of Liverpool. The decision to sell the Norton Street site to a private developer - at a large profit, I suspect - was made by the board of National Express, a private company floated on the London Stock Exchange, not Joe Anderson.

Furthermore, the decision to offer Liverpool One as an alternative was, I assume, the decision of the board of Merseytravel, an organisation that seems to be in constant conflict with the aforementioned mayor.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but when you resort to personal insults and show a total lack of understanding of the situation, you have lost the argument before your fingers have hit the keyboard
At the old Coach Station you were able to get tickets virtually upuntil the coach was due to depart from the ticket machines in the Coach Station, now with the ticket machines being situated inside the Merseytravel shop at Liverpool ONE where can you get tickets from once the Travelshop has closed, surely this one of the negatives over the old National Express Coach Station where you could get tickets virtually anytime
(16/02/2016 21:10)Barney Wrote:  Whilst I agree that the closure of Norton Street and the relocation to Liverpool One is a retrograde move, I fail to see how this can be laid at the door of the Mayor of Liverpool. The decision to sell the Norton Street site to a private developer - at a large profit, I suspect - was made by the board of National Express, a private company floated on the London Stock Exchange, not Joe Anderson.

Furthermore, the decision to offer Liverpool One as an alternative was, I assume, the decision of the board of Merseytravel, an organisation that seems to be in constant conflict with the aforementioned mayor.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but when you resort to personal insults and show a total lack of understanding of the situation, you have lost the argument before your fingers have hit the keyboard
I did not actually accuse Anderson of anything to do with National Express,but all know his
track record on Bus travel & other matters

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Lets see if Anderson gets re-elected which in Liverpool politics is almost guaranteed.
(17/02/2016 08:21)Penny Return Wrote:  I did not actually accuse Anderson of anything to do with National Express,but all know his
track record on Bus travel & other matters

I'm not an expert on libel law but your earlier comment re "fat Joe and his grubby fingers" is not only offensive but certainly crosses the line when it comes to defamation of character and also questions his integrity. Without doubt you are implying that Joe Anderson was involved in the decision to close Norton Street and relocate to Liverpool One. Fortunately for you, I very much doubt Joe Anderson ever visits this site but if you were to repeat your assertion to his face don't be surprised if you were served with a summons to appear in court.

I know it's difficult for some people but it would be much better if we kept to the facts and avoided making irrelevant and offensive, unsubstantiated remarks about individuals on this site.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)