Current time: 21/09/2024, 08:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

23 ULEVs for the Liverpool City Region
RE: 23 ULEVs for the Liverpool City Region
(11/02/2016 19:21)RedPanda Wrote:  The 23 buses are supposed to be spread across the city region. My maths ain't good nor is my English but I don't think your numbers adds up for the other parts of the region.

They will be - the electric buses will be used in Liverpool whilst the gas buses will be used in Runcorn and Halton
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/02/2016 16:37)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I would say that the order will be for the electric single deckers (Optare MetroCitys seem the most likely) for the 26/27 and some more gas buses for Runcorn - with perhaps a couple more vehicles added to one or both batches for additional spares. I can't see any hybrid double deckers being ordered this time unfortunately

That seems the most likely option, however the alternate electric buses that Arriva currently have in-service are the Wright Streetlights. This is another extremely likely option
(11/02/2016 19:30)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  They are.
82A will service Halton, Knowsley and Liverpool City Region.
26/27 Will serve Liverpool City Region.
The existing X30 enters the Warrington borough, and Halton again with the Busway services and 21.
Wirral and Liverpool City Region are covered by the Cross-River hybrids

Regions not covered (yet) will be West Lancs, Sefton and St Helens.

Ah I was thinking they were going to depots in the list of places and not a select few.
There's always talk of full size single decks on the 89 for the airport always being full. So perhaps a few deckers could end up there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/02/2016 19:38)RedPanda Wrote:  Ah I was thinking they were going to depots in the list of places and not a select few.

No it's highly uneconomical to do that. The fueling station at Runcorn cost thousands alone purchase to install.
How far off being a totally gas fueled depot will those vehicles for the 82A make Runcorn ?
(11/02/2016 20:35)wirralbus Wrote:  How far off being a totally gas fueled depot will those vehicles for the 82A make Runcorn ?

By my reckoning it would make Runcorn 29-31 buses off being fully gas fuelled providing there are no PVR changes and the new EcoCitys displace 9 cadets.
Are they 100% all for Arriva? Is this the thing that Stagecoach pulled out of?
(11/02/2016 22:52)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Are they 100% all for Arriva? Is this the thing that Stagecoach pulled out of?

That's correct
You wonder why Stagecoach decided this wasnt the thing for them .
(11/02/2016 23:25)wirralbus Wrote:  You wonder why Stagecoach decided this wasnt the thing for them .

Stagecoach only submitted three bids nationally

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)