Current time: 05/05/2024, 15:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
There's been different things mentioned as the word is there after deckers for the 89 and a few singles possibly streetlites to make up the numbers but nothing concrete as its just what's been mentioned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
In all honesty I think deckers are also needed for the 352, let alone the 89. The 352 is an absolute comedy show during school term time around start and kick-out times.

Well thats what the previous manager wanted but we now have a new manager who may have her own ideas so only time will tell
2717 was on the 352 today and proved to be a very nice ride.

Some highlights from the new 352 timetable:

• A new journey departing Wigan at 0723 weekdays. This is extremely useful as previously there was a 25 minute gap between departures.
  • The 1745 departure from St Helens now runs straight through to Wigan, rather than terminating at Orrell Church Street.
  • Buses from Wigan depart every 15 minutes up until 1950 - I presume this trip runs off the end of the last 395 of the day, which arrives in Wigan at 1945.

Why are some journeys on the 352 now shown as operating via Heather Grove/Ormskirk road in the Merseytravel Timetable??? But there is no alternative route in its description?
(25/01/2016 22:54)mr t Wrote:  Why are some journeys on the 352 now shown as operating via Heather Grove/Ormskirk road in the Merseytravel Timetable??? But there is no alternative route in its description?

The 352 doesn't operate via Heather Grove, it passes it on Ormskirk Road - Heather Grove is approximately halfway between the timing points of 'Pemberton Centre' and Wigan Bus Station, so I presume what Merseytravel mean is the time the 352 passes Heather Grove may vary due to the heavy traffic that can often be found at peak times in Pemberton.

That's my guess anyway, I'm sure someone may know better.

Its because in peak hours they use it as an unofficial timing point as it states on the running board it passes this stop ?? Minutes later etc.
(25/01/2016 22:12)SL64 JFK Wrote:  2717 was on the 352 today and proved to be a very nice ride.

Some highlights from the new 352 timetable:

• A new journey departing Wigan at 0723 weekdays. This is extremely useful as previously there was a 25 minute gap between departures.
  • The 1745 departure from St Helens now runs straight through to Wigan, rather than terminating at Orrell Church Street.
  • Buses from Wigan depart every 15 minutes up until 1950 - I presume this trip runs off the end of the last 395 of the day, which arrives in Wigan at 1945.

Another thing worth pointing out is the Service starts at half 5 instead of 5.55 (St Helens)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/01/2016 00:35)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Its because in peak hours they use it as an unofficial timing point as it states on the running board it passes this stop ?? Minutes later etc.

Thanks MM
(26/01/2016 13:49)mr t Wrote:  Thanks MM
No probs

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)