Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(18/01/2016 13:39)Penny Return Wrote:  There seems to be an issue at Chester depot with ticket machines not being able to print off
the my ticket day rover in the Merseyside area on the X8.Also some drivers seem unaware of the
my ticket,only last week a woman driver made a woman,child with a My ticket was told on boarding
that it was not allowed and charged an extra £1 :70 to Bromborough,i took her to task and she
refunded the fare. Not Good enough

Does the My Travel cover the area between Chester bus station and Bromborough as I thought Hooton was the change in boundaries from Cheshire to Merseyside?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19040 on loan at Rock Ferry due to bus shortage
(18/01/2016 14:37)chester285 Wrote:  Does the My Travel cover the area between Chester bus station and Bromborough as I thought Hooton was the change in boundaries from Cheshire to Merseyside?

No, the 'My Ticket' is only valid within Merseyside. However, it is valid to travel on the X8 between Liverpool & Eastham Bridle Road. Whilst the X8 is operated by Chester, they should still be aware of the 'My Ticket' as it should be programmed into the ticket machines.
(18/01/2016 20:37)Turbostar Wrote:  No, the 'My Ticket' is only valid within Merseyside. However, it is valid to travel on the X8 between Liverpool & Eastham Bridle Road. Whilst the X8 is operated by Chester, they should still be aware of the 'My Ticket' as it should be programmed into the ticket machines.

The problem being i assume is that because Chester depot only appear in Merseyside on the X8 that not many drivers have knowledge of this ticket , different for the Rock Ferry drivers on the 1 and 2 who should know the rules of the My Ticket like the back of there hand .
(19/01/2016 16:20)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem being i assume is that because Chester depot only appear in Merseyside on the X8 that not many drivers have knowledge of this ticket , different for the Rock Ferry drivers on the 1 and 2 who should know the rules of the My Ticket like the back of there hand .

Chester Depot managers are to blame,they should make sure all drivers are aware of all tickets
available in the Merseyside area,and are available for printing off on ticket machines.This has been
going on for a while now,Merseytravel should give them a rollocking

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
I do wonder how many of those tickets are acttually for the limited amount of stops the service does actually do in merseyside , to be honest the services i have seen only a handful 10 passengers at most have i seen at most have ever been on the X8 , it muyst be paying somewhere probably from Ellesmere Port to Chester where the bus is the only option .
(20/01/2016 09:04)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder how many of those tickets are acttually for the limited amount of stops the service does actually do in merseyside , to be honest the services i have seen only a handful 10 passengers at most have i seen at most have ever been on the X8 , it muyst be paying somewhere probably from Ellesmere Port to Chester where the bus is the only option .
Adults with kids will use the "My Ticket" all over Merseyside not just the 4 stops on the wirral the
X8 does,as for loadings they are heavy at times,more people are using it in the Merseyside area

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
There must be enough to make it viable otherwise stagecoach would have pulled the plug on the X8 ages back.

I have never seen a decent load on the service between Liverpool and Ellesmere Port Bus Station. After Ellesmere Port Bus Station I would say it carry's very decent loads from the services I have used . That's why there is an X2 service because Ellesmere port - Chester is a money spinner.
A Solar was at Gillmoss this morning then disappeared this aftertoon. Could be mistaken but sure it was 28548.
(20/01/2016 15:30)wirralbus Wrote:  There must be enough to make it viable otherwise stagecoach would have pulled the plug on the X8 ages back.

I have never seen a decent load on the service between Liverpool and Ellesmere Port Bus Station. After Ellesmere Port Bus Station I would say it carry's very decent loads from the services I have used . That's why there is an X2 service because Ellesmere port - Chester is a money spinner.

I would say Liverpool - Cheshire oaks is a big money spinner,full of students most of the time

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)