Current time: 18/05/2024, 04:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus operators decide to have additional Bank Holiday
RE: Bus operators decide to have additional Bank Holiday
(26/12/2015 21:33)T42 PVM Wrote:  Boxing Day and New Years Day are not limited Sunday Services at all, Some Buses that dont run on Sunday are running and other routes that do run on Sunday aint running, Plus with the start and finish times of the Buses i do wonder where you get this limited Sunday Service rubbish from.

This info came from Stagecoach Merseyside Christmas update

Limited Sunday service eg less frequent service and not many routes compared to a normal Sunday
Eg reduced frequency on 1's compared to a normal Sunday
No 38A where there would be on a Sunday
41A reduced service and 471/2 reduced compared to normal

And they finish early but 9pm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Weirdest one I always found is routes 194 and 195 - They run Christmas Day but don't run Boxing Day!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(26/12/2015 21:37)buses7675 Wrote:  Weirdest one I always found is routes 194 and 195 - They run Christmas Day but don't run Boxing Day!

Not checked yet but 118/9 on Wirral is the same runs Xmas day but never does on Boxing Day or New Years day
(26/12/2015 21:39)E208 WBG Wrote:  Not checked yet but 118/9 on Wirral is the same runs Xmas day but never does on Boxing Day or New Years day

Yeah for the Hospital at Arrowe Park , then the powers that be think we dont need hospitals on boxing day.
It's the same with the 194/5 which serve both Whiston & St Helens Hospitals.
Bank Holidays should be Sunday service what ever day it is, there would be the demand for it if people knew it was operating,by the sounds of it today proves it.
Luckily the 352 Sunday Evening timetable is as good as the Evening timetable no loss in service for me Smile

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(27/12/2015 03:48)SLTRegular Wrote:  Luckily the 352 Sunday Evening timetable is as good as the Evening timetable no loss in service for me Smile

But total loss on boxing day and new years day as for some strange reason st helens services that cross boarders dont run except for the 320 which turns around at ashton in makerfeild.
(27/12/2015 14:12)motormayhem1 Wrote:  But total loss on boxing day and new years day as for some strange reason st helens services that cross boarders dont run except for the 320 which turns around at ashton in makerfeild.

I've seen quite a fair few people waiting for the 320, suprised theres no double decker for the numbers
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Both the 10A and 320 are heavily used on boxing day as the reason deckers are not used on the 320 yet are due to not being tested by the health and saftey team but hopefully the deckers will be tested on routes after the new year.

User(s) browsing this thread: