Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(09/12/2015 20:17)Dentonian Wrote:  It doesn't work like that. It is a proportion of the fuel tax paid by all ROAD vehicles running on fossil fuels, so the tax should actually fall in the short term if the RAC prediction that Diesel prices will drop below £1 per litre at the pumps until Christmas. Of course, if the Operators have c**ked up in the Spot Market, they will still make sure the passenger pays the price.

The story I watched tonight on TV suggested unleaded would fall below £1 p/l before Christmas didn't see diesel get a mention but given it's current average forecourt price of £1.08/£1.10 p/l I doubt diesel will fall that much. Having said that what's often reported on tv and papers etc about supermarkets lashing 2p here and 4p there off fuel is a big con. Apparently Tesco is slashing 2p off pump prices tomorrow morning - yet they increased the price today by a penny!

As for operators cutting fares in response to falling fuel prices, well that will never happen.
As stagecoach Manchester recently said to me, there would need to be a significant drop for 4-6 months before they could even consider adjusting fares!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Timetables for the coming season:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/chris...services-1
Plaxton President W442 WGH seen in Warrington yesterday in all-over red, bearing a letter 'E', with a sister vehicle bearing a letter 'D'.
Maybe there were a 'C', 'B' and 'A' elsewhere but I couldn't be ... bothered seeking them out.

Also surprised to find out that hybrid Versa number 106 is in storage, despite only being about 3 years old.
(18/12/2015 08:25)Valandil Wrote:  Plaxton President W442 WGH seen in Warrington yesterday in all-over red, bearing a letter 'E', with a sister vehicle bearing a letter 'D'.
Maybe there were a 'C', 'B' and 'A' elsewhere but I couldn't be ... bothered seeking them out.

Also surprised to find out that hybrid Versa number 106 is in storage, despite only being about 3 years old.

Are them Presidents something to do with fairbrothers? Seen them yesterday but forgot to mention them. I saw 106 in about July - August time coming down the Causeway with billowing smoke coming from the engine and a pungent smell of burnt rubber so perhaps this is a reason for it currently being stored.
Them two presidents were nothing to do with either NW or Fairbrothers but I'm not sure where they come from..

106 has been off road for a while...engine work and in other news the last three remaining Solos have now been withdrawn.
(18/12/2015 14:22)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Them two presidents were nothing to do with either NW or Fairbrothers but I'm not sure where they come from..

One was definitely a Plaxton President.
I didn't ID the other, but I'm fairly sure it was an ALX400.
(18/12/2015 16:00)Valandil Wrote:  One was definitely a Plaxton President.
I didn't ID the other, but I'm fairly sure it was an ALX400.

A quick google suggests the reg you have given above belongs to a Holmeswood decker. When I first read your post today I assumed it was a typo.
They belong to travel master, Manchester, the alx had a tmg registration
Haven't had a chance to check whether any changes have been made yet, but it's a fair bet that some running boards might have changed with the Solos no longer being around as they used to do cartwheels and back flips just to keep on the 13/29A/29C, while the deckers on the 13/29A/29C could also work onto a 2 or 20/21.
For anyone interested, an updated fleet list is now on the website:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...981651.pdf
Credit to whoever makes these!

It shows that 36 and 48 are back on the road and 70 has shed its temporary fleet number 110.
Three of the Solos are still awaiting sale.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)