Current time: 03/05/2024, 22:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Not soo much a goodbye to the B10M's, one of them was in Oldham earlier
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Only getting withdrawn at end of year
(16/11/2015 16:13)acocker96 Wrote:  Not soo much a goodbye to the B10M's, one of them was in Oldham earlier
its the bluecoat contract(serv 700 bluecoats hurst x mottram broadbottom glossop) which is what 20982/3 are normally worked on. it is a private contract so doesnt need to be a low floor bus
(16/11/2015 18:11)james Wrote:  its the bluecoat contract(serv 700 bluecoats hurst x mottram broadbottom glossop) which is what 20982/3 are normally worked on. it is a private contract so doesnt need to be a low floor bus

Apparently the end of the school term has been earmarked as the date for withdrawal of 20982/3 but as its a private contract between the school and operator technically they could continue to operate it with high floor vehicles I believe.
In that case, they could replace those K-regs in Lancashire, a 17 year old bus is better than a 25 year old one
(17/11/2015 13:03)acocker96 Wrote:  In that case, they could replace those K-regs in Lancashire, a 17 year old bus is better than a 25 year old one

And why should the age of a Bus matter? should be more concerned about its performance and reliability

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Since when was a K PLate 25 years old, K is 1992-93, so 22-23 years old. The K platers have probably been kept going becuase they are good & reliable.
My mistake I wasn't wearing my glasses I must've misread the table Hammer
Forgot to say a wigan MMC Enviro400 was used on schools yeasterday from byrchall high in ashton.
Not sure if its the norm now but one of Wigans branded MMC 400s was out late last night as just after I finished work I spotted it entering Piccadilly ready to do 21:32 33 Piccadilly-Wigan service

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)