Current time: 25/04/2024, 09:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(18/11/2015 12:30)wirralbus Wrote:  I think it will be interesting to see how these services take off , what you normally find is the first set will always be quieter but as word of mouth gets round the loadings should improve .

ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE is what it needs. I've seen posters on the new Gold buses, but big posters at Sir Thomas St, Chester Bus Stn, Birkenhead Bus Stn, Ellesmere Port Bus Stn and any other principle stops would also help a great deal.

I personally cannot wait to get the bus back home from work again- I hate driving home when I'm knackered. I just hope that there is at least a twinkle of hope of commercial viability
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/11/2015 13:50)Enviro400 Wrote:  ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE is what it needs. I've seen posters on the new Gold buses, but big posters at Sir Thomas St, Chester Bus Stn, Birkenhead Bus Stn, Ellesmere Port Bus Stn and any other principle stops would also help a great deal.

I personally cannot wait to get the bus back home from work again- I hate driving home when I'm knackered. I just hope that there is at least a twinkle of hope of commercial viability

Chester bus exchange a little poster been put next to timetable and times added under normal times same in the port as well
Some a bit more innovative than a bus every 90 minutes might be better if it generates passengers , what would you do if you missed a bus by minutes get a taxi , this service to be truly worthwhile needs to be every 60 minutes , but would then need one more bus at least.
Every 30 minutes would be recommended in my opinion. If its raining, who wants to be waiting for 60 or even 90 minutes for a bus. Me I' say forget it and get a taxi.
(17/11/2015 22:30)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Do you know if they're at Gillmoss for service or are they for onward transfer (or returning to Manchester in the case of the Magic Tridents)?

Not 100% sure but they are parked up as though they will be in service today (Thursday).
Besides 18156 the other deckers arriving at Rock Ferry were 18147 18152 and 19070.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
May be worth noting since transfer to Gillmoss 18152 has gained LED destination equipment. As already mentioned it has returned to birkenhead.

I am no longer active on this forum.
27260 and a Solar was on 471/2 yesterday
Solar was 28544
(19/11/2015 01:21)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Not 100% sure but they are parked up as though they will be in service today (Thursday).

Thanks Shaun. Would be nice to see 17111/3 get used at Gillmoss

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)