Current time: 28/03/2024, 13:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I love all these informed people that know the quantitative criteria for "Goldification" of routes, and who have access to passenger loading figues from the last 3 years..

The order for next year is nowhere near finalised yet, and that will be the biggest clue as to any expansion of the Gold network - so let's just wait for that rather than speculating.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/10/2015 15:52)maljoe Wrote:  Although the timetable states that the Gold services are starting on 9th November, there is a link on the Merseyside & South Lancs website that states they are starting this Friday 30th October. This is the link

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/Stagecoach...0MCSL.aspx

This timetable has a diagram of a double-decker. Not entirely appropriate, as route 1 is remaining single-deck!
Pretty sure the Gold buses are Euro 5, not Euro 6 as it says. Correct me if im wrong...
Although I can see some merit in going gold on the 471/472 services, I think it's probably best left there as regards Rock Ferry's routes. To go gold with all routes would undoubtedly dilute what should be a premium brand.

After posting yesterday, I overheard several other customers commenting favourably on the new buses which is good to hear. I do think that there may be overcrowdng issues on route 1 at peak times due to the slightly reduced capacity of the new buses,(it can be full & standing at times now). Longer term, stagecoach may have to consider re-routing service 1 away from Heath Road/Mill Lane in Upton to avoid the low bridge & provide deckers in any future revamp. That's probably a few years away though.
The 1 may need to go more frequent rather than be rerouted , the problem being is that there probably wont be enough Gold buses to go around then .

To reroute away from Heath Road / Mill Lane in Bache would probably force Stagecoach at Chester into a major revision of services.
Although the Gold livery looks drab,Its to dark imo,the seating is first class very comfortable.
Now lets hope the X8 goes gold and quickly,which is what the route deserves

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(01/11/2015 15:09)Penny Return Wrote:  Although the Gold livery looks drab,Its to dark imo,the seating is first class very comfortable.
Now lets hope the X8 goes gold and quickly,which is what the route deserves

I agree with Penny Return as to the X8 going Gold although I cannot see this happening anytime soon, I do however think the X2 should be upgraded

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Does anybody know when the Solos that arrived a couple of weeks ago repainted and pushed into service?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Just saw 36808 passing Mill Road towards RF OOS wonder if its a transfer back or getting work
done on it

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(01/11/2015 15:39)Penny Return Wrote:  Just saw 36808 passing Mill Road towards RF OOS wonder if its a transfer back or getting work
done on it

It was reported earlier that both 36808 and 19062 are to transfer from CH to RF.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)