Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The X2 is this due to go GOLD ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Stagecoach Gold Enviro300 27259 broken down in Great Sutton.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/10/2015 18:22)R557 ABA Wrote:  Stagecoach Gold Enviro300 27259 broken down in Great Sutton.

oh dear, not a good start!, hopeful things will improve, when they have been run-in
(30/10/2015 15:12)wirralbus Wrote:  The X2 is this due to go GOLD ?

I don't think so. It's just services 1 & 2 as far as I know.
(30/10/2015 18:22)R557 ABA Wrote:  Stagecoach Gold Enviro300 27259 broken down in Great Sutton.
Reports of a door falling off on one of the golds,could be this one,another with wiper problems
Was on 27268 before and the doors not opening at stops a few times,this is what happens
rushing buses into service before they are checked out properly.Back fleet numbers are to be applied later

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Thats a major false start in my books. The question that should be looked at is how much testing did they undergo before they were delivered and going by what I have just read I would say very little or none at all.

When new vehicles are built they are usually put through a series of thorough tests which includes oprning and closing the main doors however many times is designated in the criteria for such tests.

Yes I know you might all criticise me for saying this but I don't care, my point is ALL vehicles no matter which company has ordered them should be thoroughly tested by the builder company's testing team but obviously these have not been put through any tests because of the rush to introduce them into service and the fact that a door has reportedly fell off suggests they need to be safety case approved before going in service again because I can tell you now, if I had been driving yhe vehicle that lost a door it would be going back to the depot with a recommendation to ground the fleet until EVERYTHING that MUST BE tested is done and then once the vehicles complete a series of stringent tests then release them to service 1 by 1 but ONLY after properly completing the necessary testing.

I agree, bad start stagecoach, that won't do your publicity any good.
Call me ridiculous or extreme if you like, I don't care but that what I said in my previous post IS REQUIRED in my safety minded opinion because as an ex bus driver I play by the safety rules and regulations and that what happened is clearly unacceptable.
(30/10/2015 21:55)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  Call me ridiculous or extreme if you like, I don't care but that what I said in my previous post IS REQUIRED in my safety minded opinion because as an ex bus driver I play by the safety rules and regulations and that what happened is clearly unacceptable.

Failures of basic safety features such as wipers and doors on brand new buses is just not acceptable and they all need thoroughly checking before being put back out.
The doors are a common fault on all ADL Enviros not just them Gold ones. The Driver either needs to reset the bus or, quicker option, open the doors using the emergency door control, then they will work from the buttons in the cab. Im sure the majority of drivers in Rock Ferry would have already experienced that problem on the Enviro 200s.
Door faults are not just down to Enviros you only have to look at the ex Wigan eclipse 21248 as another example of door faults with tragic consequences

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)