Current time: 06/05/2024, 16:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(22/10/2015 17:48)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if the 55-reg Tridents transferred to Gillmoss. Those and the remaining 56-reg Enviro400s at Preston total 24 so that could be a possibility

Never fear. In three or four years time, Gillmoss will be 50% deckers. It took Arriva a long time to realise that single-deck operation was inadequate for most Liverpool routes and I'm sure that the penny has already dropped for Stagecoach management.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/10/2015 19:52)Barney Wrote:  Never fear. In three or four years time, Gillmoss will be 50% deckers. It took Arriva a long time to realise that single-deck operation was inadequate for most Liverpool routes and I'm sure that the penny has already dropped for Stagecoach management.
I am sure that you are correct. The 14/20/21 are certainly in need being the prime routes on their corridors.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(22/10/2015 17:48)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if the 55-reg Tridents transferred to Gillmoss. Those and the remaining 56-reg Enviro400s at Preston total 24 so that could be a possibility

I was in town last Saturday and saw a Stagecoach 55 plate ALX400 Decker pulling out of Queen Square on a 19 so looks like some of these are already here.
(23/10/2015 06:18)MX12CFE Wrote:  I was in town last Saturday and saw a Stagecoach 55 plate ALX400 Decker pulling out of Queen Square on a 19 so looks like some of these are already here.

I know it sounds counter intuitive, but deckers would probably be better allocated on routes that are NOT high-frequency but are prone to overcrowding at peak times. Arriva (Bootle) has a policy of allocating spare deckers to routes 56 and 63 that run on a thirty-minute frequency as both these routes serve several high schools.
(23/10/2015 06:18)MX12CFE Wrote:  I was in town last Saturday and saw a Stagecoach 55 plate ALX400 Decker pulling out of Queen Square on a 19 so looks like some of these are already here.

That will be one of the ex Gloucester (new to Manchester though) ones, either 18378 or 18385, which cam along with the 3 '06' plates from there (18440-18442).

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(23/10/2015 08:54)Barney Wrote:  I know it sounds counter intuitive, but deckers would probably be better allocated on routes that are NOT high-frequency but are prone to overcrowding at peak times. Arriva (Bootle) has a policy of allocating spare deckers to routes 56 and 63 that run on a thirty-minute frequency as both these routes serve several high schools.

All of Gillmoss routes are high frequency though except 197/8 amd 217/227 which arent busy enough for deckers. The rest of the routes run at 10 minute frequency or less and some still get hammered
(20/10/2015 13:48)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  It has also been reported that 17202 is a permanent transfer (Credit: Steven Knight Media)

The same source has now confirmed that 17202 is indeed a loan and not a permanent transfer
Ok, it's a former Gillmoss vehicle from a few years back but 34777 is now working in Plymouth https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/22...ateposted/

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Scanias 28513/14 are both on the X3 today
Edit: 34808 and a 04 Trident are on the 10A
Isn't it great what goes down during the school holidays. Hope the Scanias spread their wings a bit more this week, even though i cant see it happening.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)