Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(21/10/2015 18:34)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Are the Volvos going to Gillmoss?

Well the remaining B10BLEs and Flolines will presumably head there as their days are done. I'm not sure whether the 53 plate B7s are to be sold scrapped or transferred. The Solars are apparently staying.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Volvo B7RLE YK53 GXJ (21249) is on the 41\42 today.
(22/10/2015 17:08)Dentonian Wrote:  It would be ridiculous to scrap 53 reg buses, whilst so many older non-DDA buses are still in service or on Stagecoach premises around the country

Surely if there not going to be used locally they will be used by another part of the stagecoach empire unless there is a significant financial outlay needed to keep a vehicle going.
Stagecoach are known for selling some their unrequired oddities at a younger age also.

Take the ex-Bluebird fleet for example.
Stagecoach have recently sold the ALX200 SPD dart and a nimbus via Ensign, alongside other darts.
Anybody know if stagecoach need a driver to go pick up the new buses
(22/10/2015 20:53)Dentonian Wrote:  They have also retained many ex Bluebird/Jpt "oddities", and with the DDA deadline fast approaching, the need to replace pre 51 (or is it 02) regd single-deckers is all the more urgent.

I'd hardly describe it as many oddities - 3 B7TLs (which aren't that odd in the context of the group), 2 VDL SB120s (there were plans but these have changed, they won't be around long term I don't think), 6 Primos (again, not long term and mechanically similar to existing vehicles anyway).

The DDA deadline generally applies to pre-51 vehicles, although there are exceptions.
Generally, the group is in good shape, and there's only Middleton's ALX300s and the 2 B10Ms at Stockport that need replacement...
Should get rid of all darts from Gillmoss. Some are going to go in January when the new Enviro300s come for the 19s, and replace the rest with the B7s for the 217/227s.
(22/10/2015 21:21)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  Anybody know if stagecoach need a driver to go pick up the new buses

Usually they use drivers who want overtime and fitters to move buses around depot to depot.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Ah well, another idea bites the dust
(23/10/2015 01:21)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Should get rid of all darts from Gillmoss. Some are going to go in January when the new Enviro300s come for the 19s, and replace the rest with the B7s for the 217/227s.

I thought something similar to this may happen.

In fact I was crunching numbers last night, including the Solos into Chester, and I reckon that (if they wanted to) Preston could theoretically be the only dart depot in MY&SL.

That will have no doubt changed with Fishwick's sad demise though.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)