Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(07/10/2015 17:39)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like Stagecoach think Rock Ferry is more important than Chester if they have a presence 24/7.

There is not really a need for a 24/7 presence in Chester as they do not operate services through the night given the last bus from in Blacon is around half 11 so it would be pointless to pay some one to sit there from then on to do nothing! I would guess that also having someone of on site at Rockferry also deters those who are out to cause mischief I'm not implying for one minute that Rockferry has a problem with that but like some areas in Chester, the minority are just out to cause trouble, although saying that Chester Depot is Road side where as Rockferry is set back of the A41

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What should be 27255 & 27257 have been noted today leaving Falkirk on their delivery runs to Birkenhead, as seen on Flickr today.

27257 https://www.flickr.com/photos/122507681@...064703151/
27255 https://www.flickr.com/photos/122507681@N02/22054792325

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I wonder how many drivers will actually get to drivethem because I heard once that only drivers trained on these new vehicles would work them on the 1 & 2.
(09/10/2015 16:38)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  I wonder how many drivers will actually get to drivethem because I heard once that only drivers trained on these new vehicles would work them on the 1 & 2.

Unlike other depots with gold routes, birkenhead isnot having select gold drivers for route 1/2 only on a gold rota. Instead all drivers have been put through a gold training course and route 1/2 is included on all current rotas. So all drivers will be driving them, except the few school drivers who do not opt for overtime.

I'm told the times are not changing, and neither are the duties so all will remain as is currently is. I'm sure timetable adjustments will be made once the performance of the Enviro300s is analysed and management can better see what needs changing. They are aware of certainx current time issues on route.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Its been reported on facebook that Chester are to lose 5 darts to be replaced with ex Goldline Solo's, can anyone confirm this and if so which darts are going?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Send them down here
(09/10/2015 21:23)chester285 Wrote:  Its been reported on facebook that Chester are to lose 5 darts to be replaced with ex Goldline Solo's, can anyone confirm this and if so which darts are going?

Yes I've heard few months back, Gold Solo will be came from Leamington or South Midlands or Peterborough, I can't remember which one they came from.
(10/10/2015 07:18)326VFM Wrote:  Yes I've heard few months back, Gold Solo will be came from Leamington or South Midlands or Peterborough, I can't remember which one they came from.

From Leamington, numbers unknown at the mo but apparently 5 of them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Any idea what there intending to use them Solo's on ?
It will be interesting to see how Arriva respond to the upgrade of 1/2 - what's betting they launch a Sapphire service on their workings?

The Solos are for Chester City services (can't remember any specific routes being mentioned). I did hear that they are at the request of Chester Council who believe ridership will increase with the luxury interiors.
No idea how going from 38 seat darts to 29 seat Solos squares with that idea!!

As for which darts are replaced, I would guess at 34579 and some of 34815-20.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)