Current time: 26/04/2024, 18:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Any pics of it would be most welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/10/2015 14:47)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  Is it the bus that will be asaigned to rock ferry depot do you know

The Scania Enviro400s are going to be allocated to Chorley depot
The Gold Enviro 400 was branded up for the 125 Preston - Chorley - Bolton.
Damn, and I thought we were finally going to get some decent vehicles around here. No wonder passengers deser public transport for cars.
(04/10/2015 14:48)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  Any pics of it would be most welcome

Latest pic on my Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
As mentioned on the Christmas Night bus thread, there will be a night service on route 1 on a trial basis on November 28 and December 5, 12, and 19.

It will be £2 flat fare (interesting as throughout the day it is £3 through the tunnel, and £3.40 through the tunnel to and from anywhere south of Hooton M53). Trips will run at 00.05, 01.35 and 03.05 from Sir Thomas St. If its successful it may see route 1 introduced at night on weekends. Very good!

The question is, is there sufficient demand for such a service? I understand there really is a need for a night bus through the pipe, but I cant see it being needed all the way through to Chester, maybe Bromborough or Eastham M53 at a push. Route 1 is pretty quiet south of Eastham in the evenings, but saying that the frequency is every 30 mins. Looking at those timings given, and assuming only 1 bus is used, and it gives an hour and a half to do a round trip, which suggests that they arnt running the standard 1 route. Is it cut short, or is it more direct? Unless of course, 2 buses are used, 1 of which does the first and last trip (giving a round trip time of 3 hours which is about right for the 1, with the second bus only doing the middle trip.

What isn't mentioned, unless im being dumb, is whether the route will run in both directions. Times given are its Liverpool departures, and doesn't mention the other end.

Answers and comments on a postcard please!

Full article on the echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...s-10201932

I am no longer active on this forum.
(06/10/2015 09:14)R879 HRF Wrote:  What isn't mentioned, unless im being dumb, is whether the route will run in both directions. Times given are its Liverpool departures, and doesn't mention the other end.

I was thinking along the same lines as you, which made me wonder if it was running in both directions - it definitely isn't obvious either way.
(06/10/2015 09:14)R879 HRF Wrote:  As mentioned on the Christmas Night bus thread, there will be a night service on route 1 on a trial basis on November 28 and December 5, 12, and 19.

It will be £2 flat fare (interesting as throughout the day it is £3 through the tunnel, and £3.40 through the tunnel to and from anywhere south of Hooton M53). Trips will run at 00.05, 01.35 and 03.05 from Sir Thomas St. If its successful it may see route 1 introduced at night on weekends. Very good!

The question is, is there sufficient demand for such a service? I understand there really is a need for a night bus through the pipe, but I cant see it being needed all the way through to Chester, maybe Bromborough or Eastham M53 at a push. Route 1 is pretty quiet south of Eastham in the evenings, but saying that the frequency is every 30 mins. Looking at those timings given, and assuming only 1 bus is used, and it gives an hour and a half to do a round trip, which suggests that they arnt running the standard 1 route. Is it cut short, or is it more direct? Unless of course, 2 buses are used, 1 of which does the first and last trip (giving a round trip time of 3 hours which is about right for the 1, with the second bus only doing the middle trip.

What isn't mentioned, unless im being dumb, is whether the route will run in both directions. Times given are its Liverpool departures, and doesn't mention the other end.

Answers and comments on a postcard please!

Full article on the echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...s-10201932

I have a feeling that it will be just one way, a bit like a lot of night services used to be when there was services a good few years back to various areas.
(06/10/2015 10:34)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I have a feeling that it will be just one way, a bit like a lot of night services used to be when there was services a good few years back to various areas.

I thought the same, however if we are assuming it will run the full 1 route, or at least end up in Chester, its a lot of dead mileage. I assume the timetable will be online shortly.

I am no longer active on this forum.
It's likely to be one way isn't it, meaning only 1 bus needs to be used as it will return to Liverpool a lot more direct.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)