Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Scania X265 USH (28539), Trident PX04 DPE (18151) and Dart PX55 EDF (34741) are all out on the 41\42 today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27777 has failed on the X8 at Ellesmere Port Bus Station, it's currently getting loaded onto a RNW wagon
Looks like one of the pointers on the 42 today got caught up in the troubles at Rock Ferry station. It may have just been OOS, but other in-service 41/2s were being diverted down Highfield Road while this vehicle was sat in the road with its hazards on. Does anybody know anything more? I couldn't see if it was damaged or involved in a collision, hope its nothing serious.
(12/09/2015 16:54)Enviro400 Wrote:  Looks like one of the pointers on the 42 today got caught up in the troubles at Rock Ferry station. It may have just been OOS, but other in-service 41/2s were being diverted down Highfield Road while this vehicle was sat in the road with its hazards on. Does anybody know anything more? I couldn't see if it was damaged or involved in a collision, hope its nothing serious.

Did see 34742 on the 41 heading south past the depot about 1515ish.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(09/09/2015 19:50)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  In London, there are 6 operators:- Abellio, Arriva, Comfort Delgro, Go-Ahead, RATP, and Stagecoach, on Merseyside there are only two Arriva and Stagecoach.

Other TfL contractors are Tower Transit, CT+, Sullivan and Uno.
17745 is being repainted at rock ferry into standard livery

I am no longer active on this forum.
(12/09/2015 16:54)Enviro400 Wrote:  Looks like one of the pointers on the 42 today got caught up in the troubles at Rock Ferry station. It may have just been OOS, but other in-service 41/2s were being diverted down Highfield Road while this vehicle was sat in the road with its hazards on. Does anybody know anything more? I couldn't see if it was damaged or involved in a collision, hope its nothing serious.

What incident are we talking about here , can find no other recollection of an incident happening at this location anywhere else on the internet.
(14/09/2015 12:49)wirralbus Wrote:  What incident are we talking about here , can find no other recollection of an incident happening at this location anywhere else on the internet.

I think it was Tranmere v Chester - several arrests were made for public order offenses and there was a heavy police presence at Rock Ferry station which was the epicentre of activity.
There is two alternatives to Rock Ferry Station , one which is not recommended as a diversionary route to be honest as it can not be used by double decker vehicles St Pauls Road and the other one Rock Lane West via Dacre Hill . To be honest wouldnt use the route via Highfield Road due to the amount of parked vehicles there can be in this road that could suffer damage if two vehicles try to pass each other on this narrowish of roads.
(14/09/2015 13:38)wirralbus Wrote:  There is two alternatives to Rock Ferry Station , one which is not recommended as a diversionary route to be honest as it can not be used by double decker vehicles St Pauls Road and the other one Rock Lane West via Dacre Hill . To be honest wouldnt use the route via Highfield Road due to the amount of parked vehicles there can be in this road that could suffer damage if two vehicles try to pass each other on this narrowish of roads.

They were using the Highfield Rd route during this incident. I didn't understand why the Police didn't close the road at the junction with Grove Rd, as I would've expected the buses to go via Dacre Hill as you suggested. That said, it wasn't the fault of the drivers as it was not planned and they weren't to know what they were to encounter when turning left onto Bedford Road.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)