Current time: 09/06/2024, 19:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
anyone intrested streetlites seen today are 6004 on 410 and 6005 on 487
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/08/2015 18:53)wirralbus Wrote:  How many of the streetlites are actually required PVR for the full weekday service is it 5 or 6 , if its 5 the last one will never get branded as it will be multi route vehicle.

Even so, I'd still brand it as Cross River- stick unused ones on the 423 at night when the PVR on the 487 reduces and put unused Streetlite(s) on the 2 in the day, freeing up unbranded Pulsars etc for Wirral only services. Even then the odd one will find its way onto the 410, 418 or whatever, but its not a frequent occurrence.

I think Arriva should definitely consider sticking any unused Streetlites on the 2 anyway once Stagecoach 'go gold', so that they stay at a competitive standard.
The service 2 jobs should be sapphire standard vehicles to keep up with the Standard that Stagecoach Gold vehicles will give to passengers.

Otherwise the standard of vehicles will become lob-sided towards Stagecoach.
(23/08/2015 21:33)wirralbus Wrote:  The service 2 jobs should be sapphire standard vehicles to keep up with the Standard that Stagecoach Gold vehicles will give to passengers.

Otherwise the standard of vehicles will become lob-sided towards Stagecoach.

It'd be great if that were to be the case, but sadly I doubt it would happen. I think Arriva would probably want a share of the 1 as well if they were to make that investment, but as far as I'm aware that's not possible with the McArthurGlenn saga?
I thought they ordered 6 streetlites because the 487 was supposed to go every 20 minutes, or so it was said, therefore although it's pvr is 5 now, it will be 6 should this happen. Not heard anything about it in a while.

EDIT just checked, it is to stay at every 30 mins.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Quick reminder - if any member has issue with something posted, please make use of the report button so it can be dealt with by a member of the forum team as deemed appropriate. Posting in the thread does nothing other than derail it so please avoid doing so.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Streetlite on 409 today
Yesterday afternoon when travelling on 2 gems on 437 noticed on the upper front seat on both
had been vandalised with a circular piece removed from the seats,had recently been done with
the cut out piece laying on the floor,makes you wonder if any more had been treated in this way

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(26/08/2015 05:29)Penny Return Wrote:  Yesterday afternoon when travelling on 2 gems on 437 noticed on the upper front seat on both
had been vandalised with a circular piece removed from the seats,had recently been done with
the cut out piece laying on the floor,makes you wonder if any more had been treated in this way

I was on one a few weeks ago and at least one of the windows had been etched and the seat back in front of me had also been vandalised. It's a shame that some small minded individuals find it acceptable to needlessly vandalise buses - I'm willing to bet that they wouldn't like it if somebody vandalised their property
Unfortunately most vehicles will suffer some form of vandalism , but we can not these mindless vandal's change bus companies operating practices .

The majority are law abiding passengers who enjoy the comfortable seating on those Gemini double deckers on the 437.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)