Current time: 23/04/2024, 09:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
19018 and 19022 both on 41/42 Woodchurch to Mill Park services this morning.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/08/2015 20:18)wirralbus Wrote:  Probably was Lowbridge VR's .

Where the VR's of the NBC mostly lowbridge versions ?

Yes, all the Crosville/Red Rider VR's were low bridge. High bridge versions were rare in this part of the world.
Find all posts by this user
(24/08/2015 18:12)Turbostar Wrote:  Yes, all the Crosville/Red Rider VR's were low bridge. High bridge versions were rare in this part of the world.

MPTE's VRs 2026 -2144 were al high bridge though.
(24/08/2015 07:39)R557 ABA Wrote:  19018 and 19022 both on 41/42 Woodchurch to Mill Park services this morning.

19022 still out on the 42 this evening. Any particular reason anyone know why deckers are appearing on the 41/42 lately?
Usually the deckers after the 471/2 is covered go onto the 38 not the 41/2 so there must be a good reason as well for it .
summer holidays.Buses are not doing schools.
Due to a diversion on route 38 between greasby and irby with very low trees No deckers have been allocated to 38s, assume they're using deckers on 41 boards which have suffered overcrouding this summer. Noted 36811 parked at the front with battery tray open and some interior roof panel off, so presumably has an electrical fault.

I am no longer active on this forum.
The diversion route your talking about via Royden I can confirm is full of tree's , it must be sometime since any double decker has been down there .

To be honest if you cant put double deckers on the 38 because of the tree's and the service 1 is out of the question due to a low bridge , there really is no other route on the Wirral other than the 41 and 42 , I have never seen enough passengers on the 41/2 of its own accord to need double deckers.
(25/08/2015 10:51)wirralbus Wrote:  The diversion route your talking about via Royden I can confirm is full of tree's , it must be sometime since any double decker has been down there .

To be honest if you cant put double deckers on the 38 because of the tree's and the service 1 is out of the question due to a low bridge , there really is no other route on the Wirral other than the 41 and 42 , I have never seen enough passengers on the 41/2 of its own accord to need double deckers.
The trees along that road are easy to clip in an Enviro200, and as its not seen deckers for quite some years its no surprise they've not lopped the trees!

AFAIK the 38 diversion does finish at the end of this week, so should see deckers back out on them in due course. I often wonder why the 41 rarely sees deckers but I suppose there isn't overcrouding as such, some buses are full but never involve leaving people behind. I know certain 38 boards are decker allocated due to high number of school kids, the Enviro200s just weren't big enough and even had people being left behind so it is good to see management are well aware of loadings and are willing to act where necessary.

I assume there is some sort of subsidy/funding/agreement in place which means they have to serve Mill Lane and Bache rather than avoid the bridge? It is known that a few journeys on the 1 are suffering overcrouding.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Stagecoach have been provisionally selected as the prefered operator of the new 5 year Park and Ride contract from July 2016 in Chester. This is subject to formal approval from the council cabinet meeting on the 2nd September.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)