Current time: 29/03/2024, 15:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Aye, that's what I meant R879 HR

Mad to think that the 471/2 was a part-time service not too long ago, and now its packed day and night.

Something that's bugging me on this route: the last 472 out of Liverpool returns OOS from Heswall. Its run by Arriva so you'd think they'd just run it back to Birkenhead - a couple of passengers is still better than none at all. That'd mean a 0015 ish Heswall to Birkenhead service rather than the last one being 2335. It'd be great to just have that extra half-hour or so before the last bus back into Birkenhead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Unlike the Service 1 the service 472 the depot is not on the line of the route .

For the vast majority of the week Sunday to Thursday it would be carrying fresh air that 472 service , maybe get a few people on a Friday and Saturday only.
(21/08/2015 16:40)wirralbus Wrote:  Unlike the Service 1 the service 472 the depot is not on the line of the route .

For the vast majority of the week Sunday to Thursday it would be carrying fresh air that 472 service , maybe get a few people on a Friday and Saturday only.

Do they go back via the motorway though or around through Moreton and past Tesco? Either way, the milage mustn't be far off the route to Birkenhead?
I do not think its anything other than the time the vehicle would get back to the depot as it would be in the region of 00.50 in Birkenhead if it left Heswall at 00.15 .

There isn't much call for services normally at that time of night .

I think the drivers would probably have various ways of getting back to Laird Street from Heswall.

Anyway we should get back to Stagecoach Chester & Wirral related items.
Can anybody tell me the history of the 38 , 39 and 51/2 , your all thinking 52 ?
(21/08/2015 14:10)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Enviro400s MX56 FSL (19060) and MX56 FSO (19062) are on the 41\42 today.

19061 also, seen by myself at Bolton Road roundabout not long after 5pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(21/08/2015 17:17)Enviro400 Wrote:  Do they go back via the motorway though or around through Moreton and past Tesco? Either way, the milage mustn't be far off the route to Birkenhead?

A driver I know when running light from Heswall to LS will do either of the above depending which way he fancies. Some go through Arrowe Park and Upton station then through claughton, some go on the motorway at Woodchurch and then leave at Bidston B&Q and head back that way.

The official light route for Stagecoach vehicles from Heswall is down Telegraph Rd to the Roundabout, left down Barnston road as far as Barnston Christ Church, right down Storeton Road, Station Road and then Levers Causeway up to Storeton Road. Some drivers then turn right at the roundabout, down Broadway and Kings Lane and down Rock Lane West, others turn left and go down Bedford Dr/Road down to A41.

There are a couple of drivers who like to run back straight down the Chester High road as far as Liverpool Road and then go through Thornton Hough, Clatterbridge and Spital/Bebington. Also I suppose it depends on the time of day and where the best chippies are!! Wink

Light running is something very rarely discussed on here and in the right places at the right time, can produce some unusual photos!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(21/08/2015 19:38)R879 HRF Wrote:  Light running is something very rarely discussed on here and in the right places at the right time, can produce some unusual photos!
Haha yes, the reason I brought it up is because I saw a 400 by Tesco Dacre Hill the other day, with Barnston still on the destination- I guess the driver was grabbing a bite before the next job haha - I suppose that is pretty standard considering the Barnston-Storeton run, but back via Brimstage and Clatterbridge would definitely make for a good photo.
Enviro400 19070 was spotted on service 41 Woodchurch bound.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/08/2015 00:06)Enviro400 Wrote:  Haha yes, the reason I brought it up is because I saw a 400 by Tesco Dacre Hill the other day, with Barnston still on the destination- I guess the driver was grabbing a bite before the next job haha - I suppose that is pretty standard considering the Barnston-Storeton run, but back via Brimstage and Clatterbridge would definitely make for a good photo.

Brimstage , would stagecoach deckers fit under Heswall Hills bridge
(22/08/2015 14:10)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  Enviro400 19070 was spotted on service 41 Woodchurch bound.

There is another one on there too, couldn't ID it, they passed each other at RF depot earlier when I was on the 2.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)