Current time: 04/05/2024, 03:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(13/08/2015 22:01)andyh Wrote:  17271 and 17273 still carry their personal regs as well as one other in the paint shop these tridents are getting the new style magic livery rather than the standard magic livery applied to the remaining tridents also 18290/1 as well as 17698/9 are going to be placed on 168/9 routes when all plans and vehicles are in place

So will 18290/1 and 17698/9 carry magic livery or corporate? Presumably these will replace the older ex Devon Tridents although despite thier age are still quite decent buses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/08/2015 22:01)andyh Wrote:  17271 and 17273 still carry their personal regs as well as one other in the paint shop these tridents are getting the new style magic livery rather than the standard magic livery applied to the remaining tridents also 18290/1 as well as 17698/9 are going to be placed on 168/9 routes when all plans and vehicles are in place

Thanks for the confirmation Andy
(13/08/2015 23:38)Mayneway Wrote:  So will 18290/1 and 17698/9 carry magic livery or corporate? Presumably these will replace the older ex Devon Tridents although despite thier age are still quite decent buses.

Afaik they are replacing some of the S---BWC tridents which are being transferred away. The buses replacing them will be in corporate livery.
Stagecoach Manchester were having major problems this evenings rush hour trying to run anything to some sort of timetable as due to the various roadworks and road closures round Manchester virtually all services leaving Manchester were being met with heavy delays.

One example was 17:58 32 which left Piccadilly on time but at 18:40 hadn't even reached Salford Central Station infact John Dalton Street just resembeled one big bus park.

I know these problems were to be expected and I'm guessing this will be the case for the next couple of days/weeks what with the Mancunian Way being closed and other roadworks round Manchester
Almost forgot operating 20:20 149 Manchester-Oldham service tonight was one of Stagecoach Manchester's TfGM Optare Solo SR hybrids, a sign of things to come perhaps
Could somebody tell me which of the short wheelbase Tridents have been converted to single door (other than 17484) and painted into the standard Stagecoach livery please?
(18/08/2015 19:06)Dentonian Wrote:  From memory, of the CG2014 examples only 17497 has been repainted into corporate livery, and tyhis still retains the centre door (albeit not in use). Earlier examples 17240/1/2/4/5 have always been "white" single door buses whilst here, and Magic 17239 is also single-door, of course.

Thanks Dentonian - much appreciated. I'm sure I read on Facebook that a few more of the short wheelbase Tridents are due to be converted to single door and repainted into the corporate livery but there's no news on which ones. I presume these and the ex Gillmoss Tridents are replacing the stock that is moving to Plymouth?
17002 is now at Wigan and is getting ready to go down to Plymouth, 17269 is now a Hyde Road Bus after moving from Gillmoss

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(18/08/2015 20:01)T42 PVM Wrote:  17002 is now at Wigan and is getting ready to go down to Plymouth, 17269 is now a Hyde Road Bus after moving from Gillmoss

17002 now arrived at Plymouth, along with at least 17005, 33870 and at least 1 other Dart, pics seen elsewhere.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(18/08/2015 19:51)Dentonian Wrote:  I would think its the remaining Middleton pair that would be converted to single door and painted for the main fleet, ie. 17504/78. I don't know what Middleton's PVR will be come September, but any change would be school related rather than service related. What is known so far is that 17698/9 & 18290/1 are being repainted (back) into Fleet livery and moved to Hyde Road, partially replacing the 7 HE Tridents (albeit 17002 has been at Middleton recently) that are going to Plymouth. I had heard that a 5th Trident from the Magicbus fleet would return to the main fleet. Based on availibility for use on Tenders, the logical assumption would be 17239, but that hasn't been confirmed. It may be that two of 17484/97/504/78 would also go to HE to make up the numbers (albeit HE have also lost 22391 back to HE), but that would then suggest the three B7TLs have a long term future at Middleton.
Hopefully, the next FleetCard will reveal all (well some)

I've checked on the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook group and you're right - 17504 is indeed planned for conversion to single door and repaint into the standard livery so it's likely that 17578 will be converted as well. It's going to be very interesting to see what ends up where following the departure of all the Plymouth bound stock though. I'm guessing at least nine of the Magic Bus Tridents will be transferred back into the main fleet with the ex Gillmoss Tridents transferring into the Magic Bus fleet

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)