Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I was using Traveline which doesn`t always give reliable times for dates after timetable changes. The other week I found Traveline Northwest gave different times for one route to Traveline.info!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/08/2015 17:43)Valandil Wrote:  knutstransport may be thinking of the time of arrival at Northwich before heading on to Warrington perhaps? As this will generally be 9 minutes before GHA's 45 departs for Warrington. This is because the 46 will generally have 5 minutes' stand time at Northwich in this direction (much greater than the 2 minutes it gets in the other direction and the 0 minutes at the Wincham terminus no doubt because they want the 46 to run the 4-5 minutes ahead of GHA's 45 on the Wincham-Northwich stretch).
I think it's a little disappointing that Network Warrington is withdrawing completely from Antrobus -- would have been nice to reroute the 46's through there like what happened when the 6's no longer operated through to Lymm and the 5 was rerouted through Statham -- though I appreciate that there probably aren't that many passengers to be found there and it might take a minute or two longer to divert through there.

I also think it's interesting that they're calling the short journey to Stretton a 46 rather than a 9.
It will almost be possible to link up with the 8A to Hatton or the 8 from Hatton if travelling towards Warrington -- they miss each other by just a couple of minutes.

Yes you are probably correct Knutsford Transport probably has confused the time of arrival At Watling Street and the time of departure to Warrington. However, I think it is important to note the time of departure from Warrington to Northwich on the 46 is generally on the hour and not five minutes before GHA Coaches except on three of the 13 daily trips. This is twenty five minutes after GHA Coaches service. You have a valid point regarding Antrobus although I think I am correct in saying the 46 NW Service has never passed through the village. A good point that you raise on the 8a Hatton although of course the number 46 will return from Stretton to Warrington on the A49 the route of the 46/9 whereas the 8a will travel to Warrington via Appleton Thorn and the Cobbs Estate.
The thing I'm wondering is what's going to happen to the Solos.
1 can be used on the 11A/12A and another on the 33(A), but other than that it looks to me like it will be contract/evening/Sunday work.

Btw, from the VOSA thread, the 33(A) will also have its timetable varied on 1st September.
Well four days in, no customers moaning, none giving any sarcastic comments regarding fare prices...

Customers have simply asked what the new fare was. In the vast majority of cases it's a 10p to 20p difference....passengers have just paid the difference, all have said its not exactly 'a hike' like the Warrington Guardian States and are happy to pay...

One thing I will say is that the Warrington Guardian has a hell of a lot to answer for. Talk about spinning up trouble between the public and WBT.....they are a real disgrace in my opinion.
Well, newspapers are there to provide information, and are supposed to provide accurate reporting. Is it any wonder newspaper sales have fell over the last 20 years, as rolling news channels, and TV firms websites, provide better coverage.

Then again, unlikely I know, but perhaps the Warrington Guardian is painting a bad picture of NW, coz it may be wanting to buy it, and then try and show, via their newspaper, they're doing a much better job, with reporting that shows how the newspapers bus firm is doing so well, despite massive fare increases, and no letters of complaint in the letters section!
An example today. I did a 16 from Harrison Square, a Fairbrothers bus and GHA bus had both left. The passenger said he would rather pay more and use NW as he put it the Fairbrothers buses were 'filthy' on the inside and he didn't want to pay a company based in Wrexham as he wanted to support his local company. Over the twelve months iv been with the company iv had similar comments...just shows that some passengers do appreciate the service NW provide..
(13/08/2015 20:33)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  An example today. I did a 16 from Harrison Square, a Fairbrothers bus and GHA bus had both left. The passenger said he would rather pay more and use NW as he put it the Fairbrothers buses were 'filthy' on the inside and he didn't want to pay a company based in Wrexham as he wanted to support his local company. Over the twelve months iv been with the company iv had similar comments...just shows that some passengers do appreciate the service NW provide..

To be fair though RS (this isn't personal btw) you made similar comments when you worked for Halton and Fairbrothers and as I've previously said most passengers don't have a choice and make the journeys and pay the fares because they have to - not through choice.
I never worked for Halton bud? I guess what I'm saying is that iv worked for smaller firms and seen what goes on and for me there is just no comparison to that of NW...

Your looked after, paid on time, get a pension, sick pay and the vehicles I drive are well maintained..lets just say I can see things from the other side.
(13/08/2015 22:14)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I never worked for Halton bud? I guess what I'm saying is that iv worked for smaller firms and seen what goes on and for me there is just no comparison to that of NW...

Your looked after, paid on time, get a pension, sick pay and the vehicles I drive are well maintained..lets just say I can see things from the other side.

Apologies was it Warrington Coachways?

I think it works both ways. I know of several drivers who worked for a small family run firm only for it to go out of business. All the drivers got offered jobs at larger firm and most were back working for independants within 6 months. It's simply what your used to.
Yes Mayneway it was Warrington Coachways. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed my time at both Warrington Coachways and Fairbrothers and in some respects working for a smaller operator is more enjoyable. But looking at the bigger picture I wouldnt go back to a smaller operator. For one the buses Im driving at the moment are far superior and much nicer to drive. Driving 155, 188, 190 is a joy in itself...

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)