Current time: 06/05/2024, 01:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
So if it is 10 deckers for the 89 can see spares ending up on the 352 again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/08/2015 10:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just a quick one, Was the 89 Service a 20 min service back when the 54 plate Cadets was bought for the route?

The 89 prior to 2004 was every 30 mins daytime (hourly evenings/sundays), the Cadets came in October 2004 and that's when the service increased to every 20 mins daytime/30 mins evenings/sundays. This change came at the same time as Arriva withdrew the 90 (St Helens - Kirkby) but obviously the St Helens - Huyton section still had 3 buses per hour in the daytime.
Was wondering why there are no dckers on the 320 route as this was once primarily served by deckers in the "old" days. Gm busses when it ran Wigan-Liverpool then when Lancashire travel was formed then MTL.
676 is the latest solo refurbed.
Another 10 deckers at SH would be welcome. Not a big user of the 89's but do notice a fair few with substantial single deck loads so may be needed for the peak periods especially. They'd also be good as cover for the 10/10A, 352 and other fairly busy routes at SH. Not sure what sort of vehicles Arriva would go for but my money (if they're still available) would be more of the previous model Enviro 400's as this is nearly becoming Arriva NW's standard vehicle now. Didn't mind the Wright StreckDeck SH has on loan at the moment and looks/feels a lot better on the inside than out. It does seem a little down on power compared to the Enviro400's and previous decker types and it's Merc driveline is a bit unproven compared to the Alexander Dennis alternative. I do like the new Enviro 400 and a few of these with Arriva NW would be great IMHO.
Slightly off-topic, but I can think of a few routes in the north east that were once double deckers, then single deckers, and now double deckers again.

The Northumbria Motor Services 602 service between Newcastle and Hexham used Olympians at one point, then following Arriva takeover, some Wright Renowns. After the depot swap with Go North East's Ashington facility, Mercedes Citaros were allocated to the route, by this point remembered the 10. In early 2013, brand new Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini 2s were bought for use on the ''TEN'' service.

The 723 service between Newcastle and Darlington was split in 2005 (I think) so there was a service between Newcastle and Durham, then a service between Durham and Newcastle. I think it was a mixed allocation, but primarily double deckers. Go North East took the former and Arriva took the latter, having no joint operated the service prior to the split. When the 7 was made a ''Sapphire'' route, they ordered VDL Pulsars for the service. Earlier this year, they ordered some Enviro400s to assist capacity issues at peak times.

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).
renown 2715 was on the 10 earlier this evening
Optare Solo 680 had to be booked off the 35/35A today (Gearbox related fault) it was replaced by Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown 2711, Its been a very long time since i seen a Renown on there!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/08/2015 20:21)T42 PVM Wrote:  Optare Solo 680 had to be booked off the 35/35A today (Gearbox related fault) it was replaced by Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown 2711, Its been a very long time since i seen a Renown on there!

I saw 2711 on the 35 today too, it certainly made a nice change.

(12/08/2015 07:02)motormayhem1 Wrote:  676 is the latest solo refurbed.

As me and Motor Mayhem found out today 676 is still in the Old Livery (it has been painted tho) Makes no sense at all!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)