Current time: 04/05/2024, 11:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Yes regarding 380/381 I've noticed the same whenever I've been in Stockport that normal Solos have been used on them.

Also last night when I passing Hyde Road yard on the train I noticed Middleton Depot's ALX400 Volvo B7TL ALX400 (AKA Big Red Shed) was parked up in the yard and according to a friend of mine its now in the reserve fleet so guessing its days in service now are numbered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2015 07:24)M60lad Wrote:  Yes regarding 380/381 I've noticed the same whenever I've been in Stockport that normal Solos have been used on them.

Also last night when I passing Hyde Road yard on the train I noticed Middleton Depot's ALX400 Volvo B7TL ALX400 (AKA Big Red Shed) was parked up in the yard and according to a friend of mine its now in the reserve fleet so guessing its days in service now are numbered.

I've lost count of the number of times it's been reportered on here that Middletons red Volvo ALX is in reserve, or is withdrawn or it's days are numbered.
Logic suggests that it's possibly in reserve as Salford uni students are off for summer.
What is everyones opinion on the plaxton primos fleet numbers 49891 - 49896. I personally dont like these vehicles but im interested to see what everyone thinks of them
(09/08/2015 16:34)B6WOBBLER Wrote:  What is everyones opinion on the plaxton primos fleet numbers 49891 - 49896. I personally dont like these vehicles but im interested to see what everyone thinks of them

I've never travelled on them under Stagecoach ownership but travelled on them frequently when with JPT and despite their ugly appearence thier actually quite nippy buses and serve there purpose when used on council estate tenders and late night services.
(09/08/2015 17:13)Dentonian Wrote:  I travelled on 49892 a month or so ago, and it was surprisingly tolerable, given the thin cushioning. Wouldn't fancy it on a long run, or a route with speed humps or excessive pot holes

I have travelled on 2 or 3 of these vehicles on the 98 on a sunday night and that route goes through an estate with a lot of bumps so it isnt a very nice ride. Also leg room is at the minimum. Im only 5 ft 8 and i struggle for leg room on them
(09/08/2015 17:34)B6WOBBLER Wrote:  I have travelled on 2 or 3 of these vehicles on the 98 on a sunday night and that route goes through an estate with a lot of bumps so it isnt a very nice ride. Also leg room is at the minimum. Im only 5 ft 8 and i struggle for leg room on them

I think it depends how quickly the drivers take the bumps. I used to travel on them on JPT's 169 service and to be honest always preferred them to their Enviro300's.
I always sat on the higher seats towards the back and as a 6ft bloke never has any issues with legroom but as mentioned the seating isn't the best.
A photo of 13996 at PVS Barnsley:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/20420223765/
Photo credit: STAN-BUTLER
(09/08/2015 17:13)Dentonian Wrote:  and it was surprisingly tolerable, given the thin cushioning.

Unfortunately, that is something that all operators and manufactures need to address. As I personal find that seats on all modern buses are uncomfortable.
I have seen an ex Bluebird Dart, I think 33867, reuphostered with Stagecoach seating, but retaining light blue grabrails. Its regular route has been the 328.
(09/08/2015 17:13)Dentonian Wrote:  I travelled on 49892 a month or so ago, and it was surprisingly tolerable, given the thin cushioning. Wouldn't fancy it on a long run, or a route with speed humps or excessive pot holes

49891 I think has different seats from what I remember, I've not had it yet but I've had some of the others. The thing I notice about them is the bouncy suspension, the whole bus seems to wobble when someone gets on, even with the lightest of passengers. They are like Pacers of the road!

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)