Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I agree dentonian if they have to keep putting up there fares to rising costs then i think the easiest option would be to sell and let a larger company take over whos costs don't cost as much as NW costs must be really high with the cost of there fares.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The council won't sell. They have had a number of offers over the years. The council want to keep their hand in...if they sell to likes of Stagecoach they won't be able to do this.

Also if Stagecoach/Arriva etc take over you can wave goodbye to a lot of the smaller on profitable routes like the 4A, 13, 10C, 31 just to name a few. You would have people complaining them...
If Network Warrington dont sell i can see them going under, Now we all know they have have to take a loan out, We all know Fairbrothers are starting to do really well on their local Services and we all know Network Warrington are having to put the prices up big time to keep the company going

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
If thats the case T42 PVM maybe the local people should support the company then rather than criticise all the time.

I think sometimes people live in cloud cuckoo land when saying something so simplistic as Arriva/Stagecoach etc would provide a better service than WBT....sometimes people only appreciate what they had until its gone. Just a thought..
We are going around in Circles here now, No one is going to support a company by choice with such high Fares as thats taking a huge chunk of someones pay just to get to/from their work

If there was more competition in the Warrington area i think the company would of already gone

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/08/2015 13:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  We are going around in Circles here now, No one is going to support a company by choice with such high Fares as thats taking a huge chunk of someones pay just to get to/from their work

If there was more competition in the Warrington area i think the company would of already gone

"If" is a very small word with a very big meaning. Try getting back and to to work with Fairbrothers buses which only run from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. I'm in RSTurbo50's corner when it comes to Network Warrington. Too many people are writing NW off somewhat prematurely I suspect. I can't see many of you being invited to their Christmas party.Laugh
(09/08/2015 12:58)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  If thats the case T42 PVM maybe the local people should support the company then rather than criticise all the time.

I think sometimes people live in cloud cuckoo land when saying something so simplistic as Arriva/Stagecoach etc would provide a better service than WBT....sometimes people only appreciate what they had until its gone. Just a thought..

But why would the fare paying passengers of NW support a company that is clearly being very greedy. Thier alledgedly trying to cap competition by not allowing thier rivals to use the bus station (a claim Mr Fairbrother made himself not so long ago!) I think it's very fare to say that over the years NW have had a loyal following, just look at the North western/Arriva battles.

One thing I will say is I'm a daily user of Stagecoach Manchester services and to be honest the service is cracking. Fares are good value and they seem to provide a decent level of service so I wouldn't see a takeover as a bad thing. But then again look at Rossendale. According to reports they were struggling several years ago and allegedly had the company valued with a possible plan of selling but despite this they didn't increase fares. A re-brand later and the company is doing well.
We just don't know the reasons as to why fares are going up and it's a bit harsh to say they are 'being greedy' before we all know the full facts...

From a drivers point of view I'm proud to work for the company and they have treated me well from my side...but then again I'm not a fare paying passenger
(09/08/2015 13:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  We are going around in Circles here now, No one is going to support a company by choice with such high Fares as thats taking a huge chunk of someones pay just to get to/from their work

"If" is a very small word with a big meaning and the fact is that at the moment there isn't more competition in the Warrington area. If you live in Warrington have you for instance tried travelling to and fro to work on Fairbrothers buses which only run between the hours of 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m? iIn the case of the 21X the service is curtailed during the school term between 2.00 and 4.00 p.m. whilst the buses are seconded to the school run! It is all well and good having cheap fares but you have to be available to serve the public at all times not just at profitable peak periods. I could run and make a bus profitable if I only ran at peak periods every day.
(09/08/2015 13:55)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  We just don't know the reasons as to why fares are going up and it's a bit harsh to say they are 'being greedy' before we all know the full facts...

From a drivers point of view I'm proud to work for the company and they have treated me well from my side...but then again I'm not a fare paying passenger

RS Turbo. Your a sound guy and we have spoken many times before both on and off the forum and to be fair your being very brave giving your point of view from the other side (some might say slightly biased), but come on, comparing the NW prices to Rossendale and Halton do you really think NW prices are fare in comparison?
I could be wrong but didn't you drive for Halton? Why are they so much cheaper than Network Warrington? Afterall Halton is a smaller council than Warrington but surly has similar 'overheads'.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)