Current time: 23/04/2024, 23:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(02/07/2015 09:42)Shaun821 Wrote:  Stagecoach MCSL management dont want to start a bus war with Arriva hence why they havnt got routes going to certain places.

Im not saying start a war , but the way it looks right now in some areas is a cartel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
As regards the X22, it probably makes money, but not enough margin for the larger operators (three of whom have tried). It isn't an easy route to make lots of money on as you either do what Stagecoach did, miss some of the population centres (Willaston) to run an hourly service with 2 vehicles, or try to serve everywhere by using more buses.

I note Avon's registration is a through Chester-West Kirby service which I think will help on utilisation & I would expect the new run to go via Williaston.

Suspect the 38 will get cut back in due course.
Doesnt going through to West Kirby , then make it a 3 vehicle operation on the 22 buit that really is for the Avon thread.

To be honest i dont see the 38 being changed immediately , it could change in due course , lets hope Avon and Stagecoach dont chase each other from Heswall to West Kirby thats in nobodys interest.
(02/07/2015 21:14)wirralbus Wrote:  Doesnt going through to West Kirby , then make it a 3 vehicle operation on the 22 buit that really is for the Avon thread.

To be honest i dont see the 38 being changed immediately , it could change in due course , lets hope Avon and Stagecoach dont chase each other from Heswall to West Kirby thats in nobodys interest.

Agreed. The 22 will probably suit Avon nicely & let's hope it doesn't start a turf war in the Wirral.
Just driven past Rock Ferry and saw an SC coach parked up behind an Enviro 300, couldn't ID it
The coach was mentioned a few weeks ago when it arrived for repainting into trainer livery. Cant remember it's number

I am no longer active on this forum.
(05/07/2015 08:23)R879 HRF Wrote:  The coach was mentioned a few weeks ago when it arrived for repainting into trainer livery. Cant remember it's number

It's 52360, not long transferred from Scotland.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Route 15 promenade service restarts in 2-3 weeks time, 14166 has been towed to Chester for MOT preparation. No timetable is online yet, however this year the route has changed slightly and will apparently include the railway station.

17502 was used earlier in the week by management to do a risk assessment of the new section- low trees etc. Thanks to operations manager for info.

De-roofed 17501 has been moved back into the workshop and work continues on its rear rebuild and open top conversion.

I think this has been mentioned, but 21117 has been withdrawn and is for scrap and is being used as a donor. 21119 has been off the road for a few weeks now, and I assume it is unlikely to return. I have been told that the remaining B10BLEs will leave shortly after the schools finish for summer. 21116,20,21,22,23 are currently all in service.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Sounds like a useful addition to include the Railway Station as the station is quite a climb up from the front , not so much a problem going down .

Who is financing this venture ?
Lets hope the route isnt going up the hill to the station because i really dont think 14166 will make it up with a decent load of passengers on, not after it failing to get up a hill in West Kirby last July.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)