Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(01/06/2015 15:58)Turbostar Wrote:  I agree, but if you it such a note on the timetable, customers would assume that this would be the reason for a bus not turning up on every occasion. I do empathise, but you can't legislate for every out of course event.

This is a subject that could roll on and on , but im going to leave it there for the time being.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I can confirm that Birkenhead are to operate that one x8 journey in the morning which was mentioned a while back.

24132 has returned to gillmoss, 24125 has turned up in its place. Swapped for an unbranded one, perhaps its not short term.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Replacement for 21117 it appears until the new vehicles arrive.
So Rockferry will run this route then it reverts back to being run by chester?

(03/06/2015 10:50)R879 HRF Wrote:  I can confirm that Birkenhead are to operate that one x8 journey in the morning which was mentioned a while back.

24132 has returned to gillmoss, 24125 has turned up in its place. Swapped for an unbranded one, perhaps its not short term.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Just one morning trip, and the remainder or Chester operated.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Smacks of penny pinching to me. Hopefully I will be proved wrong, but when a service such as X8 starts getting pruned in this manner, it may only be a matter of time before there are more cuts.
(04/06/2015 11:20)Turbostar Wrote:  Smacks of penny pinching to me. Hopefully I will be proved wrong, but when a service such as X8 starts getting pruned in this manner, it may only be a matter of time before there are more cuts.

To be honest its more a case that the depot is at the wrong end of the route for that particular journey inwards to Liverpool and the Liverpool - Chester X8 must pay its way at the time and rather than kill one full round trip they have found a way to get round it , I applaud stagecoach's innovation here.

The evening prune might be because the journeys don't convey enough to be worthwhile , end of service services are always going to be sort of problematic as there is no return journey for them to come back on.

Is there an agreement in place that prevents the X8 from calling into Bromborough Cross
Are any of the X2 Southport Enviros 400s in service over here? Seen a picture of someone on Facebook who uploaded a picture of themselves on a stagecoach Enviro400 in Birkenhead with the high back seats like these examples?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Enviro 300 PO11 BBZ (27712) is on loan to Rock Ferry from Gilmoss, currently operating service 1.
I had the pleasure of it riding tonight on the 1.What's that replaced?

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)