Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(31/05/2015 15:13)wirralbus Wrote:  Once again if we are talking about the service 1 Liverpool - Chester , this should only be a double decker really if its duplicated by a single decker vehicle on race days . I know there is a double decker route but really if it isn't duplicated it shouldn't run as a double decker as stops are missed out , if you had an appointment and the bus missed them stops that you was waiting at , im sure you would be highly miffed to say the least.

Just to clear up it was no Dup as i was in Bromborough waiting for the 1 and it was that what came up (on a Short to Birkenhead so not on a late board)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/05/2015 16:25)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The traffic commissioner wouldn't be able to do anything as the route is signposted. This isn't a stagecoach "diversionary route" It's one by Cheshire and Cheshire West Council. All stagecoach would need to do is declare that the diversion route was used.

The route in question takes the next road along and only missed about 4 bus stops on a small stretch of road on a local housing area which there is a high level of car ownership. There is also Bache station down the road (Where the bridge is) should people need to get to their destination faster. It happens once in a blue moon as apposed to every day, and on the last bus stop (Morrisons Bache) there is another round the corner where the 1 can stop alongside other services such as the 2 and X2.

I just cant believe that there isnt any spare single deckers at Rock Ferry , another easy thing to do is swap a single decker off the 41/2 for a double decker , problem solved .
Find all posts by this user
Living close to route 1 & using buses on this group of routes on most days, I can honestly say that the appearance of a decker is quite a rare thing. Yes, if a decker appears on route 1, it will have to miss out four or five stops, but I would rather have any bus than none at all.

Also, there are many other reasons why a bus may not turn up at a given stop at the due time (road conditions, accidents, emergency roadworks etc). I think the occasional appearance of deckers on route 1 needs to be considered in context.
To be honest then the timetable should have note put into it saying that this service may take a different route if operated by a double decker in the Bache area. Also a warning in timetable frames on the route may be a good idea also.

To the normal passenger a bus not turning up at a stop is a bus not turning up whatever the reasoning for it .
(01/06/2015 10:43)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest then the timetable should have note put into it saying that this service may take a different route if operated by a double decker in the Bache area. Also a warning in timetable frames on the route may be a good idea also.

To the normal passenger a bus not turning up at a stop is a bus not turning up whatever the reasoning for it .

The 1s would justify deckers,the Bache low bridge being the main reason for that not happening, perhaps alternate journeys could be double decked and numbered 1A
(01/06/2015 02:30)wirralbus Wrote:  I just cant believe that there isnt any spare single deckers at Rock Ferry , another easy thing to do is swap a single decker off the 41/2 for a double decker , problem solved .

Its been mentioned before that the max number of vehicles that can be VOR yet still meet PVR is ideally 6.

During the day a number or buses have their 21day safety inspection. If any big jobs are found on any, or infact all, then there is 4 or 5 VORd outright until work is complete. Don't forget long term VORs, breakdowns and the weekly MOT prep, then its very easy to be short on buses!

Don't forget school contracts get priority, so if they're short on buses a single deck may be pulled off the next availablecommercial route passing the depot, then whichever bus gets in first after the school run would be sent out to pick up the missed commercial service.

This is a rare and last resort but has been known, don't forget the fleet is ageing and is to be replaced this year. But for now its a case of make the best of what is there!

Its a rare occurrence to see a decker on a full 1 rather than a port short journey, which has also only happened no more than 5 times in 12months

I am no longer active on this forum.
Thank you for explaining the reasoning why a double decker may be used .
Today I was passed at Stagecoach Depot Chester, spotted that Trident (ex- london) Y448NHK refreshed repainted into stagecoach livery just coming out the pit. Maybe back on the service for Chester area?
17448 has been repainted for some time. Was previously at Preston and has swapped with 17491.
(01/06/2015 10:43)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest then the timetable should have note put into it saying that this service may take a different route if operated by a double decker in the Bache area. Also a warning in timetable frames on the route may be a good idea also.

I agree, but if you it such a note on the timetable, customers would assume that this would be the reason for a bus not turning up on every occasion. I do empathise, but you can't legislate for every out of course event.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)