Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Bit of a surprise to find out that Network Warrington took over the 33(A) on Monday:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...152934.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
We are running it for the next six weeks including the 33 evening service.
(30/04/2015 16:04)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  We are running it for the next six weeks including the 33 evening service.

Interesting stuff: sounds like this is a stop-gap before a different operator can take it on on a more permanent basis?

It's quite a few years since Warrington last had a service 33, but that was towards Penketh.
Yep it's a stop gap but it wouldn't surprise me if NW once again started operating it to Collins Green permanently.

We used to run the 29 to Collins Green if you remember a few years ago.....

Talk about it being added onto the end of the 13 which would make sense seeing as though it stops at Westbrook.
(30/04/2015 17:53)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Yep it's a stop gap but it wouldn't surprise me if NW once again started operating it to Collins Green permanently.

We used to run the 29 to Collins Green if you remember a few years ago.....

Talk about it being added onto the end of the 13 which would make sense seeing as though it stops at Westbrook.

Adding the 33A route onto the 13 would make quite a bit of sense, though there would probably be quite a bit of layover at Collins Green (around 20 minutes) if the 13's are still to run half-hourly between Westbrook and Warrington.
Though if the short 13 were curtailed to terminate at Chapelford, then this problem would go away -- though it would mean that the interworking patterns would have to change.
I still don't really get the 13 in its current form: it does connect Warrington with one side of Chapelford and that side of Chapelford with Westbrook, but it seems to be a bit of a dead route.

On an unrelated point, there is a departure from the 'E' on the end of every evening service, what with the 33.
The 13 is very quiet. When it ran to Callands it was a busy run but very few got off in Chapelford the vast majority went all the way to Callands..
Ex-Ribble, Warrington and Howard's Olympian Open Topper A146OFR now is preserved, into new NBC Red Poppy and White livery with Ribble Branding. Seem very good.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/76935272@N05/17087350778
Network Warrington's very smart looking open top olympian spent this evening in Glossop doing the honours for Glossop North Ends parade through the town following their big game at wembley last weekend.

The bus was immaculate inside and out and even had fully programmed LED destinations for the parade. A real credit to the company.
(22/05/2015 09:31)Dentonian Wrote:  Just remembered; Isn't tomorrow the pub crawl thingymajig in Manchester? I think it comes my way (Reddish/Gorton) this time. I don't suppose anyone has the t/t, or indeed know which bus(es) are to be allocated?

Here's the timetable:
http://www.northmanchester.camra.org.uk/...p?id=27098
I think it's 188, 189 and 190.....

Iv driven all three, fantastic vehicles but good god 190 is my favourite. Could wake the dead that thing lol...

191 with the Voith gearbox is also a real hoot to drive..

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)