Current time: 26/04/2024, 06:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
With Stagecoach about to Gold routes 1 and 2, I wonder whether Arriva will MAX or Sapphire their buses on their share of this service?

Also, I wonder whether the ex-First saloons will stay in the area or be redeployed elsewhere?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If this is correct about Stagecoach going Gold on the 1/2 i dont think the QBP will last long

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/04/2015 20:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  With Stagecoach about to Gold routes 1 and 2, I wonder whether Arriva will MAX or Sapphire their buses on their share of this service?

Also, I wonder whether the ex-First saloons will stay in the area or be redeployed elsewhere?

If Arriva was to upgrade its 2 service it would have to be to Sapphire Standard. But I dont think that it would work

I would think that upgrading the X8 to Gold would be beneficial as it would increase patronage on the service if marketed alongside the 1/2/X2
(12/04/2015 20:36)Nwales Bus Wrote:  If Arriva was to upgrade its 2 service it would have to be to Sapphire Standard. But I dont think that it would work

I would think that upgrading the X8 to Gold would be beneficial as it would increase patronage on the service if marketed alongside the 1/2/X2

To be honest I don't think Arriva will be that bothered as from what I have heard they don't seam to keen on the Liverpool to Chester routes these days,

Maybe the X8 will be upgraded next year to Gold Standards as I am led to believe Chester will get new vehicles sometime in 2016

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(12/04/2015 20:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Also, I wonder whether the ex-First saloons will stay in the area or be redeployed elsewhere?

Id imagine they'll be school buses replacing the b10s and flolines.

I am no longer active on this forum.
The B7RLEs will more than likely end up in Chester as school buses.

I have a feeling though that the Scania examples will end up at Gillmoss, with a few ADL Enviro300s going to Chester (stepping down more B7RLEs) and also cascading MAN Enviro300s elsewhere in the empire.

There's no way anyone can know what anywhere is getting in 2016...they've only just released this years order! We're still months away from the begining of the depot bidding process for the next order, so at best all the gen is someone's "wish list"
Today I've seen two Renowns 21121 and 21123 are back at Rock ferry now, use on route 1/2 Chester and Liverpool, but I've not see 21120 and 21122, also 28542 on route 2.
(14/04/2015 17:26)326VFM Wrote:  Today I've seen two Renowns 21121 and 21123 are back at Rock ferry now, use on route 1/2 Chester and Liverpool, but I've not see 21120 and 21122, also 28542 on route 2.

Seen 21117 on 1/2 today as well so I assume there all back also nice to see the X-USH back out and about
34680 was noted yesterday (21 April) parked up not in service at the bus stop just before the roundabout at Port Sunlight.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I note from the Merseytravel Timetable Changes thread that there are timetable changes to the X8 coming up in June. Does anyone know what these changes will consist of?

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)