Current time: 19/04/2024, 19:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Rock Ferry are to gain 17 GOLD Enviro300s this year, 27255-27272, I`m guessing for Services 1/2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What fleet number wont be used? By that count there should be 18.
(11/04/2015 22:40)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Rock Ferry are to gain 17 GOLD Enviro300s this year, 27255-27272, I`m guessing for Services 1/2

Thats brilliant news, this corridor is long overdue a revamp. I must say though, I do like the Scannias and admire their service.
(11/04/2015 23:12)Shaun821 Wrote:  What fleet number wont be used? By that count there should be 18.

It is 18.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It just doesnt ring true. The X8 isnt going to last long and all the advertising for it is going to be pointless and a waste of money. They are trying to get people to use the X8 but then making 1/2 Gold? Cant believe that.
(12/04/2015 00:01)Shaun821 Wrote:  It just doesnt ring true. The X8 isnt going to last long and all the advertising for it is going to be pointless and a waste of money. They are trying to get people to use the X8 but then making 1/2 Gold? Cant believe that.

Isn't the 1/2 a QBP? If it is, surely Arriva would need to upgrade its vehicles too. Regarding the X8, perhaps there are plans for that to go Gold too after all, is SC's PVR 18 for the 1/2?
Interestingly id heard the same news yesterday from a high staff member in rock ferry, he was told by Rob Jones, that this is the current plan and are however subject to change.

Id also heard rumours of this a month or 2 ago from engineers.

It is expected that a rota of gold trained drivers are to run 1/2s permanently.

Don't forget even if the PVR for 1/2 isn't 18 currently, they would need a spare vehicle so as to avoid using non gold vehicles.

Defeats the object of pushing the x8 out there only to possibly deglorify it.

I am no longer active on this forum.
PVR for the 1/2 is currently 16.

I would say the Gold-plating of the service is more aimed at knocking Arriva's share of the QBP down rather than 'replacing' the X8. Conversely if passenger numbers do increase on the 1/2, it may actually help the X8 as longer-distance travellers opt for the more direct, quieter option.
I think the X8 is quite safe. I agree that some journeys are quiet but some are really busy & I've been caught out on a few occasions. Seems a little odd to "Gold" the non-express service but I agree that Stagecoach would like to see the back of the QBP on that route. Rather than unilaterally pulling out, they are gradually making it less & less tenable for Arriva.
(12/04/2015 16:27)Turbostar Wrote:  I think the X8 is quite safe. I agree that some journeys are quiet but some are really busy & I've been caught out on a few occasions. Seems a little odd to "Gold" the non-express service but I agree that Stagecoach would like to see the back of the QBP on that route. Rather than unilaterally pulling out, they are gradually making it less & less tenable for Arriva.

Would making the X8 Gold bring a extra loadings to the route?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)