Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Gillmoss MANs are for transfer elsewhere in group (Lancaster is currently expecting them in summer).

Rock Ferry are getting brand new....not so sure summer is right though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Id heard Scania Enviro300s where on order for Wirral, and rumour that the Enviro200s may be cascaded elsewhere as they're proving too small.

Whether its true or not is anybody's guess

I am no longer active on this forum.
Locally, bus companies have tended to wait until the next registration before introducing new buses. On that basis, September may be a reasonable bet?
(07/04/2015 19:31)R879 HRF Wrote:  Id heard Scania Enviro300s where on order for Wirral, and rumour that the Enviro200s may be cascaded elsewhere as they're proving too small.

Whether it's true or not it is nice to think that Stagecoach - unlike First - is prepared to cascade buses less than three years old if they are proving to be too small and inadequate for any given service. I do think that Stagecoach has been very proactive since taking over Chester and Wirral unlike First which seemed to be resigned to see its services wither on the vine.
(07/04/2015 18:33)mbonwick Wrote:  Gillmoss MANs are for transfer elsewhere in group (Lancaster is currently expecting them in summer).

All or some? Lovely buses to drive some of them, 24153 & 24175 being 2 of the best.
Some. 17 I think is the number of ALX300s that need to go.
However there is conflicting rumour that the Enviro300s may in fact come from East Scotland.

Even if the Gillmoss MANs don't end up at Lancaster, it's likely they will be cascaded elsewhere as group policy seems to be to get MAN Enviro300s concentrated in a few regions. (I'm aware that there are exceptions to this general rule, such as former Welsh Enviro300s going to Orkney)
The least said about the X22 service today the better , the best laid plans to get from Chester to West Kirby with Stagecoach knackered by a failed connection at Heswall. Left Chester at 14.30 five minutes late already due to late inward , arrived Heswall 13 late , actually saw the single deck 38 leaving the Bus Station as the X22 crested the hill by Heswall Police Station. Joined up thinking to split the route , erm none there .

Somebody please tell me how Stagecoach management come up with 13000 passengers in 6 months , the 12.04 X8 from Liverpool to Chester had five passengers to Ellesmere Port with none picked up between Liverpool and Ellesmere Port Bus Station , its only from there that business actually picked up leading to a 3/4 full bus.
(08/04/2015 16:41)wirralbus Wrote:  The least said about the X22 service today the better , the best laid plans to get from Chester to West Kirby with Stagecoach knackered by a failed connection at Heswall. Left Chester at 14.30 five minutes late already due to late inward , arrived Heswall 13 late , actually saw the single deck 38 leaving the Bus Station as the X22 crested the hill by Heswall Police Station. Joined up thinking to split the route , erm none there .

Somebody please tell me how Stagecoach management come up with 13000 passengers in 6 months , the 12.04 X8 from Liverpool to Chester had five passengers to Ellesmere Port with none picked up between Liverpool and Ellesmere Port Bus Station , its only from there that business actually picked up leading to a 3/4 full bus.

The drivers have to wait in Heswall for 5 minutes so connections can be made, so if the X22 was 13minutes late then fair play to the 38 driver, hes not in the wrong at all. The driver of the X22 obviously isnt going to be deliberately running late so its just bad luck really.

If you used the X8 at peak times, more so AM journeys, you can see standing loads at times. It just depends on the time of day. Its not going to be heaving 24/7 especially when you have the 1 and 2 there as well.
(07/04/2015 19:31)R879 HRF Wrote:  Id heard Scania Enviro300s where on order for Wirral, and rumour that the Enviro200s may be cascaded elsewhere as they're proving too small.

This one is false AFAIAA. Scanias are mostly for Wales to replace their intrim Enviro300s on X4/X33 etc from Cwmbran. There are a handful for other regions but not MY&SL.
18 Enviro300's for Rock Ferry and 13 for Gillmoss, subject to change of course as these things can be quite often.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)