Current time: 20/04/2024, 10:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Somebody has tweeted the stagecoachmsl twitter regarding deckers for the x8, their response confirms there is no plan in place for deckers on x8s, for this year at least.

Lots of interesting allocations last night while adl serviced the majority of Enviro200s, the vast majority of routes after 8pm last night operated by a variety of scanias and Volvos , 21122 made it on 41A along with 28546,28553,21251. 28543 was on 38As with 21236. Didn't manage to id all buses out.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just a quick question. The stagecoach website says that it's possible to purchase the North west mega rider gold (£26.70) across the network. Has anyone on here bought one of these from a Chester based driver & if so, we're there any issues doing so? I ask as I'm off to Carlisle next week & I expect that Chester & Wirral based drivers may not sell too many of these. Thanks.
A Phone Box near Sir Thomas Street has gained an Advert for the X8 as well now so they are Advertising

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
There trying there earnest to garner custom for this X8 service , but people see more 1's and 2's in the road though .
(19/03/2015 13:26)wirralbus Wrote:  There trying there earnest to garner custom for this X8 service , but people see more 1's and 2's in the road though .

Sometimes too many services can be as problematic as too few. Whilst the X8 may be quicker and more convenient for many passengers wanting to travel longer distances the problem is that if a 1 or 2 turns up at Sir Thomas Street there is no way of knowing whether the X8 is one minute or twenty minutes behind despite what the timetable indicates. Until Stagecoach follows Arriva's lead and introduces a real-time app, this problem will persist. A similar problem exists with Stagecoach's X2 service which competes with Arriva's 47.
I was talking to a driver a while back who said that Stagecoach were determined to make a go of the X8. One of the reasons is that they aren't huge fans of the QBP on routes 1, 2 & X2 and see this as one way to abstract revenue from that partnership (and Arriva).

It seems to be doing reasonably well at the moment as eluded to in my previous post so I don't think there is much danger of this service being withdrawn any time soon.
I do think the QBP was heavily inclined towards Firstly First and then Stagecoach on the service 1 and 2 , the arriva service is just to act as a bridge between there Merseyside routes and Chester / North Wales / Crewe routes.
Scania YN04 GNU (28545) is out on the 41\42 today.
Volvo B7RLE YK53 GXL (21250) is also on the 41/42 as well.
Hamilton square reopens this Friday. Last day of rails is Thursday.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)