Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
However passengers getting the X8 can't get off at any stop can they (may be wrong)? So unless they are travelling from Liverpool to one of the timetabled stops most passengers will go for the 1/2. They may both go between the two same points but they are different services altogether.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/03/2015 20:17)moreton407 Wrote:  With both Arriva and Stagecoach tickets accepted on routes 1 and 2, a lot of passengers use these services just to get to Birkenhead, where the X8 doesn't go.

Sometime I prefer straight to Liverpool use X8 another way if I want go to Birkenhead use route 2, not really to use route 1 cos route 2 near my home, either way to Chester, Ellesmere port, Birkenhead or Liverpool.
People from Liverpool going to cheshire oaks or chester are still using the 1 instead of getting
the quicker X8,they are unaware of its presence,not enough advertising has been done to
promote the X8 from the Liverpool end

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(13/03/2015 20:04)Barney Wrote:  This issue has been raised before. As I posted last time, if Stagecoach want to retain and grow the X8, additional stops need to be added along the A41. I think some additional market research is needed in order to tailor demand.

Remove Bromborough Mill Lane stop and replace with Bromborough Cross on all journeys , that would be a much better option . Bromborough Cross is only served by peak journeys at this time .
(14/03/2015 08:50)Penny Return Wrote:  People from Liverpool going to cheshire oaks or chester are still using the 1 instead of getting
the quicker X8,they are unaware of its presence,not enough advertising has been done to
promote the X8 from the Liverpool end

Also because the service 1 is a more established service .

Some people still associate the X8 as that service from Banks - Chester even after all those years not being operated . That would probably have been reintroduced if the X2 hadn't become so established on the Preston - Southport - Liverpool corridor.
My observations of the X8 to date are that it's loading quite well to/from Cheshire Oaks. It's also opened up a useful new flow to Hoole rd & Chester railway station. Mid day, they can be quite well loaded & certain runs to/from Ellesmere Port do well with college students.

The issue for me is the loadings (or lack thereof) on the peak hour services & I find this a bit surprising? I use the 07:10 from Ellesmere Port regularly & rarely are there more than 6 people on it & occasionally, I've been on my own beyond Bromborough. I agree stagecoach may need to do some more tweaking, but I think it is working. Given that it's only been runn since last September, it's too early to write it off.

One thing that could be done is to alter the timings so that the X8 connects with the X2 at Liverpool which may attract some more business? It would certainly help me on my commute!
(16/03/2015 09:25)Turbostar Wrote:  My observations of the X8 to date are that it's loading quite well to/from Cheshire Oaks. It's also opened up a useful new flow to Hoole rd & Chester railway station. Mid day, they can be quite well loaded & certain runs to/from Ellesmere Port do well with college students.

The issue for me is the loadings (or lack thereof) on the peak hour services & I find this a bit surprising? I use the 07:10 from Ellesmere Port regularly & rarely are there more than 6 people on it & occasionally, I've been on my own beyond Bromborough. I agree stagecoach may need to do some more tweaking, but I think it is working. Given that it's only been runn since last September, it's too early to write it off.

One thing that could be done is to alter the timings so that the X8 connects with the X2 at Liverpool which may attract some more business? It would certainly help me on my commute!

Did I read a post a few weeks ago that some deckers were coming from Chorley and the X8 was being upgraded to deckers in March?
Not heard anything recently, but read somewhere that this was never happening, so I think it's a case of only time will tell!

Did I read a post a few weeks ago that some deckers were coming from Chorley and the X8 was being upgraded to deckers in March?
[/quote]

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
If previous years are anything to go by, will be more like November when/if the new vehicles for Chorley arrive - Scania based vehicles always seem to be towards the back end of the year.
According to my mate who works at Chorley Depot the Deckers are getting a refurb later in the year and are staying with them, I know someone did post somewhere that the Deckers would be getting split between Chester, Gillmoss and Preston but according to him this is not the case

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)